Implimenting POCSAG on AllStar

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been playing with Allstar for about a year now and this is my first posting on here. I am planning to replace a high-level repeater here in Southern California soon with new hardware run by an Allstar-based Raspberry Pi controller. My question is this. I see that Allstar has some ability to send POCSAG-based paging messages via a COP command but I cannot find any documentation as to how the command is to be used.

Does anyone have any information on this they are willing to share, or even better has anyone here implimented this on their system? I’m building out and testing the system now and if I can find a way to make this work then I’m considering purchasing a Motorola VRM650 data radio and adding a paging capability for our system.

Any additional thoughts and suggestions are also appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Tom, KI6GOA

1 Like

Tom,

I’d have to dig deep and try to remember my convo with Jim several years ago. I thought it was a function of the RTCM and you had to lash things up differently. I’m thinking I remember that correctly anyway. I’m betting the folks that know the RTCM code could be a better resource.

de K0JSC