IAXRPT Windows and DVSwitch Mobile DTMF commands?

I haven’t really used it like this, but a fellow ham was wondering how to connect to other nodes from a IAX client? I usually just use Allmon.

I assumed you could initiate DTMF from the client’s keypad but for the life of me I couldn’t connect or disconnect anything with DTMF. I tried both *3 and *13 then the node number for example.

Am I doing something wrong or is just not designed to work from an iax client?

*3node number then push Send to connect. *1node number then push Send to disconnect. for allstar just like you would when sending DTMF over the air.

*33node number to connect Echolink. *13node number to disconnect. Add 0’s if number is less than 6 digiits ex. 9999 would be 009999 for the test server.

Always press the Send button and give it time to connect or disconnect

If you are using windows iaxrpt, command it as you would over the radio.
No need to TX. Just be active in the node connection you wish to command.
Do not delay much in between digits as a pause will enter automatically what is there and incorrectly. Just enter the whole string without more than 2 sec pause.
If you are not use to commanding dtmf methods, then this will be a new learning curve for ya.

Be sure to include that you are using ‘mobile’ version or not for future query

My bad… i did see mobile and windows was listed in your title.
I was looking in the text…duh

Well, I’m not sure what I was doing wrong the other day but I tried both the windows client and mobile and i was able to connect and disconnect like a charm with DTMF codes.

Appreciate the help!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.