Iaxrpt connection problem

When trying to connect my Pi ASL node to the iaxrpt program I get the following message and the connection fails. At one point this used to work but now it does not. I have not changed iax.conf since originally configuring it.

ERROR[12844]: chan_iax2.c:4411 handle_call_token: Call rejected, CallToken Support required. If unexpected, resolve by placing address 192.168.10.151 in the calltokenoptional list or setting user iaxrpt requirecalltoken=no

https://wiki.kolmisoft.com/index.php/IAX2_Call_rejected,_CallToken_Support_required

Hi.
This may solve your problems.
I had exactly the same issue.
G4KWF, Eric

This partially worked. I can now get connected to iaxrpt and receive messages from ASL that are generated by Asterisk (like the time-of-day announcement on the hour) or responses to messages sent from a radio. However, I cannot send messages from the iaxrpt keypad. When I try that nothing appears on the Asterisk CLI console.

When I connect to the node the CLI console displays the following:
– Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 192.168.10.151:
> requested format = gsm,
> requested prefs = (),
> actual format = gsm,
> host prefs = (ulaw|gsm),
> priority = mine
– Executing [56517@radio-iaxrpt:1] Rpt(“IAX2/iaxrpt-7248”, “56517|X”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (radio-iaxrpt, 56517, 1) exited KEEPALIVE on ‘IAX2/iaxrpt-7248’
evarcpi*CLI>

Which iaxrpt software are you using?
You say you are trying to send messages from the key pad. Are they DTMF codes?

Based on your message, I assume this is HamVoIP. The most recent update to HamVoIP changed a few things as to how IAXRPT connects and dials.

1: In iax.conf add this to the [iaxrpt] stanza you are connecting to:
requirecalltoken=no

2: in rpt.conf add the following to your node stanza:
propagate_dtmf=yes
remote_dtmf_allowed=1

restart asterisk
I have not tested the changes to rpt.conf myself, so YMMV.

73, Steve N4IRS

This worked! Yes, I’m using a Hamvoip system, and I did update my system a few days ago and noticed this problem after that.
Thanks,
Bob
KE0SDV