How to make idrecording play local only

I’m trying to find a way to have a repeater only ID locally. I know I can turn off telemetry or use duplex 0. But we would like to keep them active but only on the local broadcast side, and keep them from propagating to other hubs which we connect to.

Is there a way to say all telemetry local, including idrecording?

I have also wondered what the /L at the end of idrecording does. I know it was optional at one point but I have yet to find any documentation as to what it does. I wondered if it was “local only”

-Eric

Eric, idrecording= is local only. It points to a file or a morse string depending on how you set it up. Please post your idrecording line here so we cab have a look at it.

Maybe something other ID is going out on the links?

The /L is used in morse code to indicate a link. Neither /R or /L are required by FCC rules any longer.

Please take a look at these WiKi pages:
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Telemetry
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Rpt.conf#telemdefault.3D
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Rpt.conf#idrecording.3D

Let us know if you have more questions.

The node is acting as a bridge from a local repeater over the air.

Here is the config
– [nodenumber] ; Change this to your assigned node number
rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb
; Example simpleusb channel driver
duplex=1
; Context mapping
controlstates=controlstates
scheduler=schedule48468
morse=morse48468
macro=macro48468
functions=functions48468
phone_functions=functions48468
link_functions=functions48468
telemetry=telemetry
wait_times=wait-times48468
; Echolink settings
erxgain=-3
etxgain=3
;eannmode=1
; Audio Level settings in dB
telemnomdb=0
telemduckdb=-9
; Notch Filter
;rxnotch=1000,20
; Dial Plan settings
context = radio
callerid = Repeater <0000048468>
accountcode=RADIO
; ID settings
;idrecording=/etc/asterisk/local/node-id
;idrecording=|iDE CALL/L
;idtalkover=|iDE CALL/L
idrecording=/etc/asterisk/local/node-id
; Time settings - milliseconds ; The default values for hangtime, tx_timeout,
hangtime=100
althangtime=100
tx_timeout=240000
idtime=600000
politeid=30000
rx_timeout=300000
rx_cosflap=20
; Courtesy tone mapping
unlinkedct=ct2
remotect=ct3
linkunkeyct=ct8
; Link settings - values in seconds
;nolocallinkct=0
lnkactenable=1
lnkacttime=3600
;lnkactmacro=*52
lnkactmacro=*76
lnkacttimerwarn=30seconds
; remote settings - values in seconds
remote_inact_timeout=3600
remote_timeout=3600
; Long Tone Zero DTMF
;litzcmd=*6911
;litztime=3000
;litzchar=0
; Misc. settings
;connpgm=yourconnectprogram
;discpgm=yourdisconnectprogram
nounkeyct=0
holdofftelem=0
telemdefault=0
beaconing=0
;funcchar = *
;endchar = #
;nobusyout=yes
;notelemtx = yes
;propagate_dtmf = yes
;propagate_phonedtmf = yes
;linktolink = yes
;inxlat = #456,#457,0123456789ABCD
;outxlat = *7,*0,0123456789#ABCD
;extnodes = extnodes-different
;extnodefile = different-file
;archivedir = some-directory
;archiveaudio=0
;startup_macro = *7

; Tail Message
;tailmessagetime=1800000
;tailsquashedtime=120000
;tailmessagelist=/etc/asterisk/local/some_file

; *** Status Reporting ***
; Uncomment the following two statpost lines to report the
; status of your node to stats.allstarlink.org
statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null
statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates
; END OF FIRST NODE

So it’s a base station on the repeater pair? If it hears the ID from the repeater that’s going to go out the links. The only way to stop that is to P/L the repeater TX and not have P/L during the repeater ID.

You must also not have P/L during the repeater’s hang time, if it has any. Two repeaters with hang time with basestation AllStar nodes will cause a never ending cycle of the repeaters keying each other.

I understand the desire to setup a base station node on a repeater. I call this in-band linking. It’s simple, expedient and inexpensive. It’s also a good way to start learning about AllStar and many of us started this way. But we learn quickly that it’s a really bad way to setup a node. Not only do you have the possible ping-pong problem but you also have low audio quality compared to a normal AllStar setup. Any hang time from a repeater will cause simplex nodes to have to wait for the repeater to completely drop carrier before they can talk. Connected nodes will hear courtesy tones from your repeater and (as mentioned) any IDs or automated announcements unless extra precautions are taken.

AllStar works best when it’s installed at your repeater and it’s the repeater controller. Second best way is to interface AllStar into a port on the repeater controller. And if I had no other option I’d put in a full duplex 420 link and interface to AllStar on the ground.

The problem with the second two options is the touch tone commands of your AllStar node and your repeater controller will likely conflict. These conflicts can be hard if not impossible to resolve.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

This is a stop gap setup till we have internet at our repeater site.
We have managed to avoid conflicts with the repeater for DTMF.
This is mostly for repeater users to use allstarlink nodes to connect back while traveling. Once we have internet we will also have access to Wires-X.

I may be wrong but it seems enabling Local Telemetry Output on Demand seems to have stopped what we were seeing. We do have the repeater ID without PL so it is not sent out unless someone happens to key up while it is sending an ID.