How can I configure an AllStar node to report connections by callsign and name?

AllStar nodes appear to report connections by node number.

To determine who is connected then, one needs to:

• look up the call sign of the node number
  • look up the name associated with the call sign

Is there a way to configure an AllStar node to report connections by call sign?

And if the client has a name configured, by the name of e person on the connection?

We use AllStar, and its Echolink functionality, heavily in our nets. We need a simple way to resolve who is on the AllStar/Echolink connection so we can manage their call ins to the net

Thanks!

Do you know about Allmon2? It shows the callsign and other useful info in near realtime. Also the current talker is highlighted. Perfect for nets.

Most nodes come with Allmon2 installed. HamVoIP has it’s cousin Supermon installed as well as Allmon2. Allmon2 can be installed on any web server.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Allmon2_Install

You can get your local node to announce custom nodenames by adding custom nodename files in the file " /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames ". As with all other sound files, they must be 8-bit mono ’ ulaw ’ or ’ wav ’ files. Just make the filename the node number you wish to announce. This will only change the announcements on your node, not across the system. For more info, see the Wiki page, Node Configuration, Custom Node Announcements.

Ok there is no user id repeater and no directory /var/www.

I am using RPi2-3-4_V1.6-14_Allstar.img

What am I missing?

Thanks!

···

73,AB1PH
Don Rolph

Ok allmon2 is installed and is under /srv/http/allmon2.

And I can bring up the management ool.

However allmon2 can not log into asterisk manager. Error message is:

“Could not login to Asterisk Manager.”

I have tried admin (required for web page) and root, the userid under which asterisk runs.

I seem to be confused.

Thanks!

···

73,AB1PH
Don Rolph

Ok, got it working.

manager.conf and allmon.ini.php must have admin users and passwords aligned.

But echolink nodes are not listed. Is there any reason I can not manually add them as 33XXXXXX nodes in astdb.txt?

Thanks!

···

73,AB1PH
Don Rolph

You could add them in privatenodes.txt (see privatenodes.sample.txt).Then run astdb.php to merge in the private nodes.

Or, because you’re a HamVoIP node you could use Supermon. I heard it displays Echolink callsigns by default.

Thanks!

···

73,AB1PH
Don Rolph

Supermon is perfect!!!

Thanks!

···

73,AB1PH
Don Rolph

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.