Help with Error

Hi Folks,

I am working with a hp thin client to run Allstar. I attempted to run the update and I ran not of memory.
I have fixed that issue but I am still getting a error message of

Jan 30 13:15:50 ******* systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 0.
Jan 30 13:16:53 ******** systemd[1]: Job dev-dahdi-pseudo.device/start timed out.
Jan 30 13:16:53 ******** systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-dahdi-pseudo.device.
Jan 30 13:16:53 ******** systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Asterisk PBX and telephony daemon.

I am not realy good at Linux. I am also willing to give root access if I can get someone to help us. Both of our repeater are down right now. Any help would be appreciate.

Angelo / N5UXT

DAHDI problems generally require a recompile of DAHDI.

Do you have a /usr/src/dahdi… directory on you node. If so change to that directory and do these two commands.

make
make install

then reboot.

If that’s more then you want to tackle, send me a PM by clicking my avatar and select message.

Tim, I just did a fresh install of ASL 1.01 x64 on a Dell i5 16GB RAM and had these same DAHDI errors on startup. I did the recompile and install and it fixed it right up. Just wondering why a fresh install would have this issue?

I think something is happening with the kernel headers. Because normally this errors only happen when updating. Maybe @N4IRS can shed some hight on this?

I did a handful of these and got that error every time. The install package is just broken I think …

That makes sense Tim. When I install any Linux, I usually do an update/upgrade after install, but I’m pretty sure when I did this that there wasn’t anything to update - meaning that the install program had already done an inline update while it was installing.