GR300 and RIM-Maxtrac-RM

Hi guys,

I’ve sort of been documenting my progress setting this node up through various questions already asked here (see [Motorola RICK (HLN3333B) and RPi interface] and [GR300 Repeater No TX Audio]). So far, I’ve tested my GR300 and it’s working perfectly, but I usually have it hooked up with the RICK (HLN3333B). The RICK acts to power on the TX radio in this configuration (i.e. if I do not have the RICK hooked up, when I turn the repeater on only the RX radio comes on).

My current setup is:
Raspberry Pi 4 running latest version of HamVoip Allstar image.
RIM-Maxtrac-RM wired into both radios and via USB to the rPi

The RIM does not seem to be providing the power on function to the TX radio as the RICK normally does… Do I need to set some specific settings in the Allstar config files? Or am I going to have to dig a little deeper and make mods/set jumpers on the radio itself? I have read just about every “begginer guide” and “how to” on the Allstar Wiki… Can’t seem to find anyone actually using this setup with any in-depth guide… I also can’t seem to find any info on the RIM-Maxtrac LED meanings… Is there some sort of manual page for that?

Many thanks

Pin 8 needs to be set to pl/dpl - csq detect output low. You may have to have the Mic pin jumped or put the mic on a clip

Hi Jason - What is the software you’re using? I haven’t seen anything like that before. To be clear, the GM300’s that comprise my repeater are serial number M43GMC20D2AA - this means they are 8-channel, 16-pin, masked logic board, VHF radios, which means (or at least I thought it meant) that the 16-pin connector is not programmable… But if you know of software I can use to program it, please do tell!

Thanks

Hi all - The fellas at the repeater-builder forum gave me a solution. See here: https://groups.io/g/repeater-builder/message/176503 (When you go this post, just scroll to the bottom and click View All Messages in Topic to see the whole chain and the final solutions near the botom)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.