GMRS linked Repeater network using HAMVoIP

Reviewing this thread I need to ask for clarification as it appears some comments are ill informed or are seeding to “stir a pot”.

John Heron: “Bad news of pirated software”… cannot find a prior post or comment. What pirated software are you referring? Who is using pirated software and what are they doing that is in violation of any rule? Lastly what rule are they in violation of?

Kirk Just Kirk: “GMRS is a shared Channel. Users must monitor before they transmit”. If repeaters are linked then any and all traffic within range of one repeater is heard and transmitted to all others which may be networked. In the event the stations are simplex or low power their is no fault if a repeater user talks and is not able to hear the distant station. Your argument seems you believe GMRS Repeaters are illegal themselves and not simply because they may be networked. Simplex communications is very short distance. Repeater communication itsself could be over a hundred miles even without networking. The FCC allocated eight (8) repeater frequencies and if they are used correctly the unfortunate act of a repeater transmitting over non repeater users is a fault of the user not selecting one of the many other frequencies that are available to them.

John Heron: “If its hooked to a telco its illegal”. Is it known that anything GMRS is connected to Telco? If 10 Repeaters are networked and 1 of 10 is connected to telco provided internet I.e. DSL the infraction is on the one (1) offender not the other nine (9) whom are not. Other than inspection of the physical connections how can one review or confirm that telco connections exist? Please point to the rule that defines one offender results in all participants being in violation of a rule?

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful and courteous replies.

For transparency I own a wide coverage GMRS repeater that is 100% compliant with the FCC rules. It has networking capabilities and Coverage of ~100 miles as it located at 4,000’ in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina.

-Brad Trogdon W4INT / WQTG303

Has anything been settled with HamVoIP as an attempt to run off with Jim’s work? As of this date I do not believe it has been.

In a shared repeater/simplex channel environment, it is always good to be able to monitor the input before keying up a repeater. In a linked system that’s not possible unless you do the BCLO in each repeater. Never saw that work out too well mixed mode.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/95.1749

So if you have an organized group or club engaged in linking GMRS repeaters together and one of them is in violation related to telco, does that mean the collective network is 9/10 legal?

John WA4FAP

···

On Feb 17, 2019, at 4:35 PM, Brad Trogdon Brad@trogdon.org wrote:

Reviewing this thread I need to ask for clarification as it appears some comments are ill informed or are seeding to “stir a pot”.

John Heron: “Bad news of pirated software”… cannot find a prior post or comment. What pirated software are you referring? Who is using pirated software and what are they doing that is in violation of any rule? Lastly what rule are they in violation of?

Kirk Just Kirk: “GMRS is a shared Channel. Users must monitor before they transmit”. If repeaters are linked then any and all traffic within range of one repeater is heard and transmitted to all others which may be networked. In the event the stations are simplex or low power their is no fault if a repeater user talks and is not able to hear the distant station. Your argument seems you believe GMRS Repeaters are illegal themselves and not simply because they may be networked. Simplex communications is very short distance. Repeater communication itsself could be over a hundred miles even without networking. The FCC allocated eight (8) repeater frequencies and if they are used correctly the unfortunate act of a repeater transmitting over non repeater users is a fault of the user not selecting one of the many other frequencies that are available to them.

John Heron: “If its hooked to a telco its illegal”. Is it known that anything GMRS is connected to Telco? If 10 Repeaters are networked and 1 of 10 is connected to telco provided internet I.e. DSL the infraction is on the one (1) offender not the other nine (9) whom are not. Other than inspection of the physical connections how can one review or confirm that telco connections exist? Please point to the rule that defines one offender results in all participants being in violation of a rule?

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful and courteous replies.

For transparency I own a wide coverage GMRS repeater that is 100% compliant with the FCC rules. It has networking capabilities and Coverage of ~100 miles as it located at 4,000’ in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina.

App_rpt-users mailing list
App_rpt-users@lists.allstarlink.org
http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options button”
You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Thank you for the reply but you provide no answers to my very specific questions.

Please see my reply to your questions and comments noted by “>>>”

Has anything been settled with HamVoIP as an attempt to run off with Jim’s work? As of this date I do not believe it has been.

What does HamVoIP have to do with the linking of GMRS Repeaters?

In
a shared repeater/simplex channel environment, it is always good to be able to monitor the input before keying up a repeater. In a linked system that’s not possible unless you do the BCLO in each repeater. Never saw that work out too well mixed mode.

Not sure you understand how radios work. If a station is strong / close enough to the repeater to be heard then they are otherwise the users of the repeater users will talk over the “Unheard users”.

Cornell is not the authority. Federal Register in its entirety is https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/08/29/2017-17395/personal-radio-service-reform#sectno-citation-%E2%80%8995.1701 . The URL which you provided references "
telephone connection is prohibited". What leads you to believe that telephone is connected? In my specific situation Telco is not even connected to the building. So no chance of violation.

So
if you have an organized group or club engaged in linking GMRS repeaters together and one of them is in violation related to telco, does that mean the collective network is 9/10 legal?

1. GMRS Repeater linking as an ability or practice is not an “Organized Group”. 2. No, the one person is the offender not the others whom are in compliance. Its against the rules to use foul language on radio frequencies. If another station is and you hear it but don’t reciprocate does that make you and offender of the rules? No and that logic is silly if you believe true.

Are you questioning your local GMRS folks whom are charging for access (Membership) to their closed system that is using apt_rpt (AllStar)? www.NorthGeorgiaGMRS.com is a single organized group of 30 GMRS Linked repeaters. I’m not a betting person but I would venture to guess that DSL is in the mix.

<<< FCC Correspondence via email on the topic. >>>

Case Id: HD0000002998556

Summary: Licensing Requirements

Description: There seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether linking the audio of two or more GMRS repeaters via an internet connection is permitted or prohibited under the part 95 rules.

Could we please get some sort of clarification as to whether this is a strictly prohibited action per part 95 rules?

Thank you.

Solution Description: Dear Mr. *******,

GMRS stations may not be interconnected to the public switched telephone network as per 95.127. However, proposing to use a VoIP link between the two repeater sites is permissible if the link is considered non-interconnected VoIP. VoIP can either be an interconnected VoIP service or non-interconnected VoIP service, see the definitions below. It is my understanding that if your internet provider is the cable company, it’s fine; but if you have DSL or dial-up internet from the phone company, it isn’t.

The second method using RF to link the two repeater sites is allowed so long as the link meets the rules and limitations for fixed stations pursuant to the Part 95 rules.

§64.601

(23) Non-interconnected VoIP service. The term “non-interconnected VoIP service”—

(i) Means a service that—

(A) Enables real-time voice communications that originate from or terminate to the user’s location using Internet protocol or any successor protocol; and

(B) Requires Internet protocol compatible customer premises equipment; and

(ii) Does not include any service that is an interconnected VoIP service.

§9.3

Interconnected VoIP service. An interconnected Voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) service is a service that:

(1) Enables real-time, two-way voice communications;

(2) Requires a broadband connection from the user’s location;

(3) Requires Internet protocol-compatible customer premises equipment (CPE); and

(4) Permits users generally to receive calls that originate on the public switched telephone network and to terminate calls to the public switched telephone network.

The rules may be found at the following website: https://www.fcc.gov/general/rules-regulations-title-47

Should you have any further questions, or need additional information, please submit a request through https://esupport.fcc.gov/onlinerequest.htm or call the FCC Licensing Support Center at 1-877-480-3201, selecting option 2 after the main menu.

Sincerely,

FCC Licensing Support Center

So from what I can understand. you can link them if the method to link is not connected to a pstn line. Now If I am not too crazy, that would mean that a user that have only a dsl line on site could link by RF (using an wifi access point and a wifi client network card ) to by pass the interconnection to the pstn… So it is very easy to not be connected to a pstn network. The othe part aboit interconnected voip system. It is easy to build a voip system that have no link to any pstn network (allstarlink being one) But it is as easy to connect that voip system to a pstn system. Grey is predominant in that situation.

Pierre

VE2PF

Le lun. 18 févr. 2019 à 12:20, Brad Trogdon Brad@trogdon.org a écrit :

···

Thank you for the reply but you provide no answers to my very specific questions.

Please see my reply to your questions and comments noted by “>>>”

What does HamVoIP have to do with the linking of GMRS Repeaters?

In
a shared repeater/simplex channel environment, it is always good to be able to monitor the input before keying up a repeater. In a linked system that’s not possible unless you do the BCLO in each repeater. Never saw that work out too well mixed mode.

Not sure you understand how radios work. If a station is strong / close enough to the repeater to be heard then they are otherwise the users of the repeater users will talk over the “Unheard users”.

Cornell is not the authority. Federal Register in its entirety is https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/08/29/2017-17395/personal-radio-service-reform#sectno-citation-%E2%80%8995.1701 . The URL which you provided references "
telephone connection is prohibited". What leads you to believe that telephone is connected? In my specific situation Telco is not even connected to the building. So no chance of violation.

So
if you have an organized group or club engaged in linking GMRS repeaters together and one of them is in violation related to telco, does that mean the collective network is 9/10 legal?

1. GMRS Repeater linking as an ability or practice is not an “Organized Group”. 2. No, the one person is the offender not the others whom are in compliance. Its against the rules to use foul language on radio frequencies. If another station is and you hear it but don’t reciprocate does that make you and offender of the rules? No and that logic is silly if you believe true.

Are you questioning your local GMRS folks whom are charging for access (Membership) to their closed system that is using apt_rpt (AllStar)? www.NorthGeorgiaGMRS.com is a single organized group of 30 GMRS Linked repeaters. I’m not a betting person but I would venture to guess that DSL is in the mix.

<<< FCC Correspondence via email on the topic. >>>

Case Id: HD0000002998556

Description: There seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether linking the audio of two or more GMRS repeaters via an internet connection is permitted or prohibited under the part 95 rules.

Could we please get some sort of clarification as to whether this is a strictly prohibited action per part 95 rules?

Thank you.

GMRS stations may not be interconnected to the public switched telephone network as per 95.127. However, proposing to use a VoIP link between the two repeater sites is permissible if the link is considered non-interconnected VoIP. VoIP can either be an interconnected VoIP service or non-interconnected VoIP service, see the definitions below. It is my understanding that if your internet provider is the cable company, it’s fine; but if you have DSL or dial-up internet from the phone company, it isn’t.

The second method using RF to link the two repeater sites is allowed so long as the link meets the rules and limitations for fixed stations pursuant to the Part 95 rules.

§64.601

(23) Non-interconnected VoIP service. The term “non-interconnected VoIP service”—

(A) Enables real-time voice communications that originate from or terminate to the user’s location using Internet protocol or any successor protocol; and

(B) Requires Internet protocol compatible customer premises equipment; and

(ii) Does not include any service that is an interconnected VoIP service.

§9.3

Interconnected VoIP service. An interconnected Voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) service is a service that:

(2) Requires a broadband connection from the user’s location;

(3) Requires Internet protocol-compatible customer premises equipment (CPE); and

(4) Permits users generally to receive calls that originate on the public switched telephone network and to terminate calls to the public switched telephone network.

The rules may be found at the following website: https://www.fcc.gov/general/rules-regulations-title-47

Should you have any further questions, or need additional information, please submit a request through https://esupport.fcc.gov/onlinerequest.htm or call the FCC Licensing Support Center at 1-877-480-3201, selecting option 2 after the main menu.

Sincerely,

http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options button”

You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

John, Brad;

95.1749 is clearly a green light on network connection.

95.1745 appears to be a green light as well. However some folks

will twist “may be operated” to be limited to turning the TX on
and Off. Funny, I have a ham radio “Operators” license and it
allows me to use voice mode. My DMV Operators license allows me to
drive a car, I am not limited to turning the engine on and off.

Some folks will point to this (below) and say that you can only

use the internet to turn on and off the repeater.

95.1733 Prohibited GMRS uses: (8)
Messages which are both conveyed by a wireline control link and transmitted
by a GMRS
station;… This is a remnant of a very old rule dating back to an
era where a “Control Operator” was a requirement for a repeater.
Just as in Part 97, a positive method of turning off the “station”
was required. Automatic control rendered that requirement
obsolete. This remnant is a scriveners error.

I questioned this during the comment period of the recent NPRM

and the FCC chose to shelve it because they had no time to
research it. Unfortunately the FCC has been losing a lot of
institutional knowledge as to why a rule existed in the first
place which is why this remnant exists in the first place. I can
cite a similar example from the archives. I am doing some research
in my spare time to find where this rule branched from and why.

Bottom line; there has NEVER been any NAL or warning issued to any

GMRS licensee for linking a GMRS repeater. Linking has been going on
in some form or fashion for decades. In the 80’s the GMRS systems in
Chicago had satellite receivers. They were linked by some method.
Search for yourself. None, nada.

The rate of FCC Enforcement Bureau activities against GMRS licensees

has been minuscule compared to Part 97 and Part 90. Either GMRS
licensees are very obedient or the FCC does not have GMRS on a
priority.

As far as a DSL miscreant on an otherwise compliant GMRS

network. If you have 10 or 30 repeaters linked and one of those
repeater operators happens to be using DSL, the others are under no
obligation to police each other. Do you police every GMRS licensee
who uses your repeater as to the Type Certification of their
equipment? You might remind them, but you don’t have to police that
activity.

In my opinion 95.1745 and 95.1749 clearly indicate the FCC's intent

to permit internet linking. Why else would they have gone to the
effort to carve out those exceptions?

As far as the HamVoip thing I am very curious as to this whole

thing. Is there a possibly a disinterested 3rd party who can explain
this all in a separate thread? I am intrigued in how an individual
choosing one over the other has personally “pirated” anything. It
would seem that that legal argument rests between those distributing
the free software not the end user.

"Why can't we all get along". - Rodney King
···

On 2/18/2019 9:42 AM, John Heron wrote:

Has anything been settled with HamVoIP as an attempt to run off

with Jim’s work? As of this date I do not believe it has been.

In a shared repeater/simplex channel environment, it is

always good to be able to monitor the input before keying up a
repeater. In a linked system that’s not possible unless you do
the BCLO in each repeater. Never saw that work out too well
mixed mode.

So if you have an organized group or club engaged in linking

GMRS repeaters together and one of them is in violation related
to telco, does that mean the collective network is 9/10 legal?

John WA4FAP

On Feb 17, 2019, at 4:35 PM, Brad Trogdon <Brad@trogdon.org            >

wrote:

Reviewing this thread I need to ask for

clarification as it appears some comments are ill
informed or are seeding to “stir a pot”.

John Heron: "* Bad news of
pirated software* "… cannot find a prior post or
comment. What pirated software are you referring? Who
is using pirated software and what are they doing that
is in violation of any rule? Lastly what rule are they
in violation of?

Kirk Just Kirk: "* GMRS is a
shared Channel. Users must monitor before they
transmit* ". If repeaters are linked then any and
all traffic within range of one repeater is heard and
transmitted to all others which may be networked. In
the event the stations are simplex or low power their is
no fault if a repeater user talks and is not able to
hear the distant station. Your argument seems you
believe GMRS Repeaters are illegal themselves and not
simply because they may be networked. Simplex
communications is very short distance. Repeater
communication itsself could be over a hundred miles even
without networking. The FCC allocated eight (8)
repeater frequencies and if they are used correctly the
unfortunate act of a repeater transmitting over non
repeater users is a fault of the user not selecting one
of the many other frequencies that are available to
them.

John Heron: "* If its hooked to a
telco its illegal* ". Is it known that anything
GMRS is connected to Telco? If 10 Repeaters are
networked and 1 of 10 is connected to telco provided
internet I.e. DSL the infraction is on the one (1)
offender not the other nine (9) whom are not. Other
than inspection of the physical connections how can one
review or confirm that telco connections exist? Please
point to the rule that defines one offender results in
all participants being in violation of a rule?

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful and

courteous replies.

For transparency I own a wide coverage

GMRS repeater that is 100% compliant with the FCC rules.
It has networking capabilities and Coverage of ~100
miles as it located at 4,000’ in the Blue Ridge
mountains of North Carolina.

[http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users](http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users)

To unsubscribe from this list please visit [http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users](http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users)
            and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your

email address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options
button”

You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can

do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble
unsubscribing, please send a message to the list
detailing the problem.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

-- Joe Leikhim
Leikhim and Associates
Communications Consultants
Oviedo, Florida
407-982-0446

App_rpt-users@lists.allstarlink.orghttp://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-usershttp://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-usersJLeikhim@Leikhim.comWWW.LEIKHIM.COM

I am not sure that the PSTN or (North America numbering plan)
NANP even exist in the regulatory world of the FCC today. A reread
of the current rules finds those definitions no longer exist.

···

On 2/18/2019 1:05 PM, Pierre Martel
wrote:

So from what I can understand. you can link them if the

method to link is not connected to a pstn line. Now If I am
not too crazy, that would mean that a user that have only a
dsl line on site could link by RF (using an wifi access point
and a wifi client network card ) to by pass the
interconnection to the pstn… So it is very easy to not be
connected to a pstn network. The othe part aboit
interconnected voip system. It is easy to build a voip system
that have no link to any pstn network (allstarlink being one)
But it is as easy to connect that voip system to a pstn
system. Grey is predominant in that situation.

Pierre

VE2PF

Le lun. 18 févr. 2019 à 12:20,

Brad Trogdon Brad@trogdon.org a écrit :

Thank you for the reply but you provide no answers

to my very specific questions.

Please see my reply to your questions and comments

noted by “>>>”

Has anything been settled with HamVoIP as an attempt

to run off with Jim’s work? As of this date I do not
believe it has been.
>>> What does HamVoIP have to do with
the linking of GMRS Repeaters?

In a shared repeater/simplex channel environment,

it is always good to be able to monitor the input
before keying up a repeater. In a linked system
that’s not possible unless you do the BCLO in each
repeater. Never saw that work out too well mixed
mode.

>>> Not sure you understand how radios

work. If a station is strong / close enough to the
repeater to be heard then they are otherwise the
users of the repeater users will talk over the
“Unheard users”.

>>> Cornell is not the authority.

Federal Register in its entirety is https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/08/29/2017-17395/personal-radio-service-reform#sectno-citation-%E2%80%8995.1701
. The URL which you provided references "
telephone connection is prohibited". What leads you
to believe that telephone is connected? In my
specific situation Telco is not even connected to
the building. So no chance of violation.

So if you have an organized group or club engaged

in linking GMRS repeaters together and one of them
is in violation related to telco, does that mean the
collective network is 9/10 legal?

>>> 1. GMRS Repeater linking as an

ability or practice is not an “Organized Group”. 2.
No, the one person is the offender not the others
whom are in compliance. Its against the rules to
use foul language on radio frequencies. If another
station is and you hear it but don’t reciprocate
does that make you and offender of the rules? No
and that logic is silly if you believe true.

>>> Are you questioning your local GMRS

folks whom are charging for access (Membership) to
their closed system that is using apt_rpt
(AllStar)? www.NorthGeorgiaGMRS.com
is a single organized group of 30 GMRS Linked
repeaters. I’m not a betting person but I would
venture to guess that DSL is in the mix.

<<< FCC Correspondence via email on the

topic. >>>

Case

Id: HD0000002998556

Description: There seems to be a lot of confusion as to

whether linking the audio of two or more GMRS repeaters
via an internet connection is permitted or prohibited
under the part 95 rules.

Could we please get some sort of clarification as to

whether this is a strictly prohibited action per part 95
rules?

Thank you.

GMRS stations may not be interconnected to the public

switched telephone network as per 95.127. However,
proposing to use a VoIP link between the two repeater
sites is permissible if the link is considered
non-interconnected VoIP. VoIP can either be an
interconnected VoIP service or non-interconnected VoIP
service, see the definitions below. It is my
understanding that if your internet provider is the
cable company, it’s fine; but if you have DSL or dial-up
internet from the phone company, it isn’t.

The second method using RF to link the two repeater

sites is allowed so long as the link meets the rules and
limitations for fixed stations pursuant to the Part 95
rules.

§64.601

(23) Non-interconnected VoIP service. The term

“non-interconnected VoIP service”—

(A) Enables real-time voice communications that

originate from or terminate to the user’s location using
Internet protocol or any successor protocol; and

(B) Requires Internet protocol compatible customer

premises equipment; and

(ii) Does not include any service that is an

interconnected VoIP service.

§9.3 

Interconnected VoIP service. An interconnected Voice

over Internet protocol (VoIP) service is a service that:

(2) Requires a broadband connection from the user's

location;

(3) Requires Internet protocol-compatible customer

premises equipment (CPE); and

(4) Permits users generally to receive calls that

originate on the public switched telephone network and
to terminate calls to the public switched telephone
network.

The rules may be found at the following website: [https://www.fcc.gov/general/rules-regulations-title-47](https://www.fcc.gov/general/rules-regulations-title-47) 

Should you have any further questions, or need

additional information, please submit a request through https://esupport.fcc.gov/onlinerequest.htm or
call the FCC Licensing Support Center at 1-877-480-3201,
selecting option 2 after the main menu.

Sincerely,

[http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users](http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users)

To unsubscribe from this list please visit [http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users](http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users)
      and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email

address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options button”

You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via

email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please
send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

-- Joe Leikhim
Leikhim and Associates
Communications Consultants
Oviedo, Florida
407-982-0446

App_rpt-users@lists.allstarlink.orghttp://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-usershttp://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-usersJLeikhim@Leikhim.comWWW.LEIKHIM.COM

I don’t know how you get around this.

… Get around what?

“I don’t know how you get around this.”

How does the FCC define remote control? I couldn’t find a definition in the CFR.
“for the sole purpose of remote control”

Doesn’t your interpretation of that language mean you can use an auto patch?

§ 95.1745 GMRS remote control.

Notwithstanding the prohibition in § 95.345, GMRS repeater, base and fixed stations may be operated by remote control.

§ 95.345 Remote control.

Operation of Personal Radio Services stations by remote control is prohibited, unless otherwise allowed for a particular Personal Radio Service by rules in the subpart governing that specific service. See e.g., §§ 95.945 and 95.1745.

§ 95.349 Network connection.

Operation of Personal Radio Services stations connected with the public switched network is prohibited, unless otherwise allowed for a particular Personal Radio Service by rules in the subpart governing that specific service. See e.g., §§ 95.949 and 95.2749

While this is CB not GMRS, there is some context to what remote control is about

§ 95.945 Remote control of a CBRS station.

This section sets forth the conditions under which a CBRS station may be operated by remote control, pursuant to the exception in § 95.345. Operation of a CBRS station using a hands-free or other type of cordless microphone or headset authorized under part 15 is not considered to be remote control.

(a) Wireless remote control. No person shall operate a CBRS station by wireless remote control.

(b) Wired remote control. Before operating an CBRS station by wired remote control, the operator must obtain specific approval from the FCC. To obtain FCC approval, the operator must explain why wired remote control is needed. See § 95.329 regarding contacting the FCC.

This from MURS offers additional context:

§ 95.2749 MURS network connection.

MURS stations are prohibited from interconnection with the public switched network. Interconnection Defined. Connection through automatic or manual means of multi-use radio stations with the facilities of the public switched telephone network to permit the transmission of messages or signals between points in the wireline or radio network of a public telephone company and persons served by multi-use radio stations. Wireline or radio circuits or links furnished by common carriers, which are used by licensees or other authorized persons for transmitter control (including dial-up transmitter control circuits) or as an integral part of an authorized, private, internal system of communication or as an integral part of dispatch point circuits in a multi-use radio station are not considered to be interconnection for purposes of this rule part.

Looks like CB can have manual phone patch.

§ 95.949 CBRS network connection.

A CBRS station may be connected, acoustically or electrically, to the public switched network, subject to the rules in this section. The purpose of this is to allow operators of other CBRS stations to speak to and hear individuals on the telephone through the connected CBRS station.

(a) The operator of the connected CBRS station must:

(1) Manually make the connection;

(2) Continue to control the station while it is connected;

(3) Listen to each conversation during the connection; and

(4) Stop transmissions immediately if any violation of the CBRS rules occurs.

(b) If a CBRS station is directly (electrically) connected to the public switched network, the connection, including the interface device used, must be in full compliance with all applicable rules in part 68 of this chapter.