Echolink Registering, connecting timing out

I have got echolink connected to my AllstarNode 28513 Echolink number 2844. Echolink shows that I am registered in the system which I can confirm when I loggin on my smartphone app and shows my station as connected. I also can start Asterisk -rvvv CLI> and will dump the database with echolink dbdump which is very large. I also used *CLI> echolink dbget c KD4HLV-L which show I am listed in the Echolink system as 107.77.xxx.xx2844|KD4HLV-L|166.177.xxx.xxx. Otherwise if echolink was not working on allstar all the echlink commands in CLI would not work anyway. When I did check my Public IP is 107.77.xxx.xx.
I have all the necessary ports open associated with Echolink system and Allstar in port forwarding in my router’s firewall settings even went as far as putting the Allstar node’s IP on DMZ. All my attempts trying to access to connect or anyone else get a timed out error and never connects.
I also just seen that my public IP is different that what is shown on CLI issuing echolink dbget c KD4HLV-L and like I said it shows me listed in the dbdump and on my smartphone list. Looks like my IP is being redirected somewhere.
Any ideas?

Marty KD4HLV

1 Like

Marty
From what I can see 28513 belongs to KE7SWA and it is not on line. are you working on it for some one else ?

I did try to connect to your allstar node 28523 because that is the only one right now that is on line and I did also try to connect to your echolink at KD$HLV-L with no luck either. I could not find your email to send you a email either so not sure if I can help at this point no way to contact you I am on QRZ with the call sign of W9EJH and you can email me from there if you like.

I checked all of your nodes 49857, 28525, 42022, 42023 and all of them were also off line

I know that in order for me or anyone to connect to you you will need to have port 4569 forwarded to you nodes ip address.
Also not sure what software you are running Allstar, or Hamvoip. I am very familiar with hamvoip’s operations and how to make all of that work for both Allstar and Echolink.

1 Like

Forgot to put my Call Sign on the last reply, it is W9EJH Earl

1 Like

Hi Earl,
Sorry for the late response! I also fat fingered 28513 ie…28523. Yes, for now I am using HamVoip. I will move to ASL soon as I get settled in my new home.

I had to focus on fixing my house and sell which I have accomplished moved and just bought a new house. So I’ve been very distracted by everything associated with that. But now can start back with more focus on the Hobby!.
Other thing I got was a AT&T Hotspot which I took the IP of the Allstar that I am hosting Echolink on is forwarded to the DMZ on the Hotspot but the port forwarding may work but I get no return, I also can not get into my network from the outside (using my public IP)

1 Like

Marty if you are using a hot spot your internet provider AT&t through the cell phone technology blocks the port so port forwarding will not work for you you will only use it for outgoing connections you will not be able to get the input connections to work unless you have a commercial account with AT&t before they will even help you with port forwarding 4569 or any other Port back toward your equipment as far as hamvoip that seems to be one that works really well and has all the features that you need now as opposed to ASL as far as I’m concerned so far.

···

On April 8, 2020 9:13:32 AM CDT, Marty via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

Marty

April 8

Hi Earl,
Sorry for the late response! I also fat fingered 28513 ie…28523. Yes, for now I am using HamVoip. I will move to ASL soon as I get settled in my new home.

I had to focus on fixing my house and sell which I have accomplished moved and just bought a new house. So I’ve been very distracted by everything associated with that. But now can start back with more focus on the Hobby!.
Other thing I got was a AT&T Hotspot which I took the IP of the Allstar that I am hosting Echolink on is forwarded to the DMZ on the Hotspot but the port forwarding may work but I get no return, I also can not get into my network from the outside (using my public IP)

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Telman50

October 22

Marty From what I can see 28513 belongs to KE7SWA and it is not on line. are you working on it for some one else ? I did try to connect to your allstar node 28523 because that is the only one right now that is on line and I did also try to connect to your echolink at KD$HLV-L with no luck either. …

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

–
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

1 Like

Thanks! I also found similar to that effect as well today. As far as, What did you mean about “as far as hamvoip that seems to be one that works really well and has all the features that you need now as opposed to ASL as far as I’m concerned so far.”. For now I am using Hamvoip build. Also looking into VPN and APN’s could help in some way. The Hotspot allows me to change the APN as well but not sure who to point to. I’m doing some research on this.

Marty

1 Like

Well I have been using it for the last 5 years and everything that you need is already built into the software.

Supermon, IAX server, echolink any start code that you want to setup is already in there you just have to turn it on or alter it if you like.

All of the recording to play over the air is already setup you just have to make your recording either with your voice or you can use text to speech also built in as well.

Most of all all of the documentation is there and I found that very difficult with ASL software, and there was no Image for the raspberry pi back when we started and it was there with HamVOIP from the start.

I hope this helps a little as there are so many other things that I have not mentioned about hamvoip software over ASL software.

Earl
W9EJH

···

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 10:39 AM

To: earlh@bloomer.net

Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Echolink Registering, connecting timing out

Marty

April 8

Thanks! I also found similar to that effect as well today. As far as, What did you mean about “as far as hamvoip that seems to be one that works really well and has all the features that you need now as opposed to ASL as far as I’m concerned so far.”. For now I am using Hamvoip build. Also looking into VPN and APN’s could help in some way. The Hotspot allows me to change the APN as well but not sure who to point to. I’m doing some research on this.

Marty

In Reply To

Telman50
April 8
Marty if you are using a hot spot your internet provider AT&t through the cell phone technology blocks the port so port forwarding will not work for you you will only use it for outgoing connections you will not be able to get the input connections to work unless you have a commercial account with A…

1 Like

If you like hamvoip that much just hope the coder doing it are not badly affected by covid-19 as the source of the hamvoip distro was never released and if they fade away you wont have much support anyomore and no one will be able to continu the project. When Jim died the app_rpt/allstarlink project was able to contiu as tne whole project was opensource and availble to all to continu.

1 Like

Marty,

To bad its closed source!

This forum is all about open source software for ASL!

Marshall

···

From: Marty via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 8:40 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Echolink Registering, connecting timing out

Marty
April 8

Marty

In Reply To

Telman50
April 8

Marty if you are using a hot spot your internet provider AT&t through the cell phone technology blocks the port so port forwarding will not work for you you will only use it for outgoing connections you will not be able to get the input connections to work unless you have a commercial account with A…

Previous Replies

Telman50
April 8

Marty if you are using a hot spot your internet provider AT&t through the cell phone technology blocks the port so port forwarding will not work for you you will only use it for outgoing connections you will not be able to get the input connections to work unless you have a commercial account with AT&t before they will even help you with port forwarding 4569 or any other Port back toward your equipment as far as hamvoip that seems to be one that works really well and has all the features that you need now as opposed to ASL as far as I’m concerned so far.

··· (click for more details)

Marty
April 8

Hi Earl,

Telman50
October 22

Forgot to put my Call Sign on the last reply, it is W9EJH Earl

Telman50
October 22

Marty
From what I can see 28513 belongs to KE7SWA and it is not on line. are you working on it for some one else ?

I did try to connect to your allstar node 28523 because that is the only one right now that is on line and I did also try to connect to your echolink at KD$HLV-L with no luck either. I could not find your email to send you a email either so not sure if I can help at this point no way to contact you I am on QRZ with the call sign of W9EJH and you can email me from there if you like.

I checked all of your nodes 49857, 28525, 42022, 42023 and all of them were also off line

I know that in order for me or anyone to connect to you you will need to have port 4569 forwarded to you nodes ip address.
Also not sure what software you are running Allstar, or Hamvoip. I am very familiar with hamvoip’s operations and how to make all of that work for both Allstar and Echolink.

Marty
October 21

I have got echolink connected to my AllstarNode 28513 Echolink number 2844. Echolink shows that I am registered in the system which I can confirm when I loggin on my smartphone app and shows my station as connected. I also can start Asterisk -rvvv CLI> and will dump the database with echolink dbdump which is very large. I also used *CLI> echolink dbget c KD4HLV-L which show I am listed in the Echolink system as 107.77.xxx.xx2844|KD4HLV-L|166.177.xxx.xxx. Otherwise if echolink was not working on allstar all the echlink commands in CLI would not work anyway. When I did check my Public IP is 107.77.xxx.xx.
I have all the necessary ports open associated with Echolink system and Allstar in port forwarding in my router’s firewall settings even went as far as putting the Allstar node’s IP on DMZ. All my attempts trying to access to connect or anyone else get a timed out error and never connects.
I also just seen that my public IP is different that what is shown on CLI issuing echolink dbget c KD4HLV-L and like I said it shows me listed in the dbdump and on my smartphone list. Looks like my IP is being redirected somewhere.
Any ideas?

Marty KD4HLV

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

1 Like

Fred, I just wanted to tell you and everyone the external VPN with my AT&T Hotspot ZTE MF923 worked like a champ! As soon as I get the Client file on my Allstar node and reboot, it started to report to the Allstar server that I was there and anyone now can connect to me from outside now. Also Echolink is registering as well and now can use my cell app to get into my Allstar Node as well. Not a bad price for $12.50yr
It is not hard to setup and I can also talk someone through and pay forward.
Thanks Fred!
Marty

1 Like