Echolink not accepting connections

On the CLI the error is:
xe2bcs*CLI>
[Aug 4 23:47:52] ERROR[7295]: chan_echolink.c:2583 do_new_call: Cannot find DB entry for IP addr 44.31.61.46
[Aug 4 23:47:53] ERROR[7295]: chan_echolink.c:2583 do_new_call: Cannot find DB entry for IP addr 44.31.61.46
[Aug 4 23:47:54] ERROR[7295]: chan_echolink.c:2583 do_new_call: Cannot find DB entry for IP addr 44.31.61.46
[Aug 4 23:47:56] ERROR[7295]: chan_echolink.c:2583 do_new_call: Cannot find DB entry for IP addr 44.190.9.44
[Aug 4 23:47:57] ERROR[7295]: chan_echolink.c:2583 do_new_call: Cannot find DB entry for IP addr 44.190.9.44
== Starting echolink/el0-0 at radio-secure,575051,1 failed so falling back to exten ‘s’
== Starting echolink/el0-0 at radio-secure,s,1 still failed so falling back to context ‘default’
– Sent into invalid extension ‘s’ in context ‘default’ on echolink/el0-0
– Executing [i@default:1] Hangup(“echolink/el0-0”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (default, i, 1) exited non-zero on ‘echolink/el0-0’

The IP address address that it cannot find on a DB varies as I try different proxies so it is not an IP in particular, Iḿ using an iphone to try to connect to this node, I can connect to other nodes without issue but not to this one Iḿ setting up, what may be the issue?
Thanks in advance
Alex XE2BSS

How long were you logged in on the phone before retrying? Echolink client updates are normally done every 6 minutes. Some clients (e.g. thebridge, thelinkbox and Echolink itself) will do a realtime lookup if the downloaded database doesn’t contain the node entry. The AllStar Echolink client is fairly bare bones. I don’t know if it does realtime lookups.

I left my phone logged into echolink for over an hour to test it and same result ¨Connect Failed cannot connect to XE2BCS - disconnected"

The strange thing is that I can connect anywhere else, all kinds of repeaters,links, users and conferences from the iphone app no problem, except XE2BCS node. I even tried an IPAD and same result, no connection.

-NATting was triple checked and seems to work fine
-Firewall rules for echolink ports also being allowed and traffic forwarded to XE2BCS node(on my bench)

Some outputs while trying to connect to XE2BCS allstarlink/echolink using my cel phone(with no internal wireless connection to my shack/bench network, only AT&T cell system)

Asterisk CLI:
[Aug 5 10:14:15] NOTICE[578]: dnsmgr.c:178 dnsmgr_refresh: host ‘register.allstarlink.org’ changed from 34.105.111.212 to 162.248.92.131
== Starting echolink/el0-1 at radio-secure,575051,1 failed so falling back to exten ‘s’
== Starting echolink/el0-1 at radio-secure,s,1 still failed so falling back to context ‘default’
– Sent into invalid extension ‘s’ in context ‘default’ on echolink/el0-1
– Executing [i@default:1] Hangup(“echolink/el0-1”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (default, i, 1) exited non-zero on ‘echolink/el0-1’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-2082537958’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-1921536100’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-966295919’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-927342348’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-1496728510’
xe2bcs*CLI>

From /var/log/asterisk/messages:
[Aug 5 09:14:11] ERROR[598] chan_echolink.c: Cannot find DB entry for IP addr 44.190.9.23

The IP address in the error changes as I try different proxies.

But Iḿ noticing something, not sure if it has anything to do with the problem to connect, notice the time that the asterisk CLI is showing (10:14AM) while the log in /var/log/asterisk/messages reads 9:14AM, one hour difference, could that be the issue??

Thanks in advance
Alex N2IX / XE2BSS

I corrected the time in Asterisk to match the time of the OS but same result no connection

While I can’t exactly make heads or tails of your issue in any finite terms,
I think it is worth noting some things that can give strange results such as this…

Know that Echolink will only allow 1 connection to register per IP
and when you are dealing with phone connections and nodes that are “likely behind the same nat ip”…
well, stuff happens. A way to prevent this is to turn off the wifi of the phone and use celldata as you cant say for sure that the connection will port out like you think.
Know also that phones are going to allow the app to run in the background as well so you do not need to be an active user. So, as well, if you have multiple phones ‘potentially’ using wifi within the same nat/ip…
Surely you can get this pictured.

As I have witnessed, the device that gets the first registration normally keeps it but that may not be true anymore… cant say.
But you should be able to see that a phone with app running in background is likely to get and hold it and app_rpt/EL node will not show in DB as it lost the fight.

If any of this seems remotely possible in your exact circumstance, test with a friend who would be on a different wan ip and turn your phones “off” . Restart node, Wait 20 min for DB’s to be updated.

Alex: Indeed, it looks like XE2BCS had been logging in simultaneously from two different IP addresses, which probably means a second instance of XE2BCS had been running at the same time. One would need to be shut down.

Note also that if the node is functioning as an RF gateway (such as a hotspot) it really should be configured as XE2BCS-L rather than XE2BCS.