Echolink issues suddenly appeared...error parsing header?

Well…been working for a while…and then tonight, I got notified that my node was not there…haven’t touched the config in over 6 months, been working ok all along…and then now I get:

[Aug 8 20:21:01] ERROR[32348] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on naeast.echolink.org
[Aug 8 20:21:21] ERROR[32348] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on server3.echolink.org
[Aug 8 20:21:41] ERROR[32348] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on nasouth.echolink.org
[Aug 8 20:22:01] ERROR[32348] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on naeast.echolink.org
[Aug 8 20:22:21] ERROR[32348] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on server3.echolink.org
[Aug 8 20:22:41] ERROR[32348] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on nasouth.echolink.org
[Aug 8 20:23:01] ERROR[32348] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on naeast.echolink.org

Anyone have any insight? The system has been (up to this point…) ok…used every week by a number of folks around the country for a net on Sunday nights…like I said…been working till now, and haven’t touched it since the beginning of the year.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance…

73 de Bryan wb0yle

I don’t see an EchoLink node registered with your call sign. Have you tried rebooting your node?

Thanks,
Bob
K6ECM

Yup. Tried restarting asterisk…then rebooting node…checked with the cloud provider (Linode) to see if they were blocking any ports suddenly…

Submit a ticket to Echolink. They can tell you what they see in their end.

Hi Brian… been a while…

I would try to flush out dns on your nat router & isp router/modem
Then reboot.

It’s in a cloud, so, that’s not going to happen. It sees the echo servers (get an OK from *.echolink.org), but it’s claiming an error parsing headers.

Is the database kept in memory or on disk? If the latter, maybe the local db got hosed? Just spitballing…

Will look deeper, but to be honest, echolink is a tertiary service (if that) on my network.

I think you have the right idea about local db corrupt, but I know not where it is.

But, it just looks like a network error. …delete temp files etc.

Why not first start trying to get it to log-in.

I cleared my log files var/log/asterisk/
it worked