Echolink announcing the wrong Callsign/No Callsign

Is there any way to have asterisk announce the correct callsign when someone connects? I know that it is using the callsign of the connected node, which in the case of a relay server, might not be the end user’s callsign. I know the windows version of echolink knows the callsign of the end user on connection and can announce the correct callsign, no matter if you are going through a relay server or not. Is there anything I can do in asterisk to have it announce the callsign of the end user on connect/disconnect? Is there any work arounds anyone has come up with? The net controls really miss knowing the user who is trying to join the net on Echolink.

Thank you all in advance.

73 de W9UEY

Yes speaking of this topic I wanted to make mention i have noticed issues with Echolink first one Yesterday i had some one connect to my Hub using Digital into the echolink some how both parties were using Digital through my Analog system… Second issue i have recently had issues with on Echolink especially individuals not iding properly because they dont here the repeater traffic they think because there is silence that they are not connected into some thing live on the air I had explained otherwise after finding out one day… Another issue I am faced with in the Echolink world is no really easy way to ban on sight using Almmon2 any suggestions here? on top of the above? I hate really having to ban some one but if they wish not to follow proper protocol such as iding speaking english etc… it makes it sad that we have to ban other ham operators… Anyway any thoughts suggestions besides shutting off echolink?

···

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:40 AM, rschultz82 nledevil@gmail.com wrote:

Is there any way to have asterisk announce the correct callsign when someone connects? I know that it is using the callsign of the connected node, which in the case of a relay server, might not be the end user’s callsign. I know the windows version of echolink knows the callsign of the end user on connection and can announce the correct callsign, no matter if you are going through a relay server or not. Is there anything I can do in asterisk to have it announce the callsign of the end user on connect/disconnect? Is there any work arounds anyone has come up with? The net controls really miss knowing the user who is trying to join the net on Echolink.

Thank you all in advance.

73 de W9UEY

App_rpt-users mailing list

App_rpt-users@ohnosec.org

http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options button”

You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford@gmail.com

http://www.lorentedford.com

Were it me, I'd assign a 'Private Node', configure Allstar with
echolink.conf and point it to the private node, and if echolink starts
to be an issue, just disconnect the private node. The end users don't
know and think they're still connected and ... technically, they are.
There's just no RF or anything linked to that private Allstar node.

just a thought.

···

On 05/04/2015 04:41 PM, Loren Tedford wrote:

Yes speaking of this topic I wanted to make mention i have noticed
issues with Echolink first one Yesterday i had some one connect to my
Hub using Digital into the echolink some how both parties were using
Digital through my Analog system.. Second issue i have recently had
issues with on Echolink especially individuals not iding properly
because they dont here the repeater traffic they think because there
is silence that they are not connected into some thing live on the air
I had explained otherwise after finding out one day.. Another issue I
am faced with in the Echolink world is no really easy way to ban on
sight using Almmon2 any suggestions here? on top of the above? I hate
really having to ban some one but if they wish not to follow proper
protocol such as iding speaking english etc.. it makes it sad that we
have to ban other ham operators.. Anyway any thoughts suggestions
besides shutting off echolink?

How do I get the Weather Scripts from the BeagalBoard version?

http://w0anm.com/blog/?p=519#comment-114

Will these work in ACID?

Is there any thought in future Allmon2 releases to add the call sign of the relayed station? Maybe instead of showing the relayed stations node number it could list the actual calling party and maybe next to it have a statement (relayed via xzy)? We don’t use the voice telemetry, but our club does use the webpage to see who’s connected via Echolink when running their nets. Just a thought. :wink: