W6NIJ
August 18, 2026, 3:03pm
1
I'm working on a node that is sometimes logging duplicate disconnect messages. I've never seen a duplicate connect message.
Here is a sample log file where you can see some disconnect messages are fine, some are dupes.
The file is created by running two simple scripts in rpt.conf under the node info
connpgm = /etc/asterisk/myscripts/conlog.sh
discpgm = /etc/asterisk/myscripts/dislog.sh
and the scripts contain the exact same syntax:
#!/bin/bash
echo $1 connected $2 on $(date +"%T") - $(date +"%m-%d-%Y") >> /var/www/html/nodelogs/conlog.txt
#!/bin/bash
echo $1 disconnected $2 on $(date +"%T") - $(date +"%m-%d-%Y") >> /var/www/html/nodelogs/conlog.txt
I HAVE OTHER NODES THAT HAVE SIMILAR CONFIGURATIONS THAT WORK FINE.
This has been going on for a while, and I've updated asl a couple times with no affect on the duplicates. I just updated this node two days ago.
I normally wouldn't worry about it but we do grep this log daily and e-mail to some of the club members to keep an eye on activity so I'd like to get it cleaned up if possible.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where else to look? It doesn't seem that complicated but something is obviously not set correctly somewhere. Thank you.
73
WA3WCO
August 18, 2026, 4:08pm
2
A fix for this issue will be available in our next release.
master ← Double_disconnect
opened 05:21PM - 25 Jun 26 UTC
Prevent reporting a disconnect and executing the disconnect program twice.
## … Summary by CodeRabbit
* **Bug Fixes**
* Improved link shutdown behavior by draining queued link text more cleanly during disconnects.
* Ensured queued link text is processed earlier in each periodic cycle.
* Reduced unnecessary outbound reconnect state changes, improving retry consistency.
* Adjusted disconnect telemetry/logging so normal disconnects no longer produce failure-style reporting (while preserving silent behavior).
W6NIJ
August 18, 2026, 4:17pm
3
Awesome, thank you! Will watch for it and report back if there are any issues.
Tom
W6NIJ
September 22, 2026, 1:25am
4
I updated the node that was showing duplicate disconnect messages in the log files.
OS : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
OS Kernel : 6.12.109+rpt-rpi-v8
Asterisk : 22.10.1+asl3-3.10.5-1.deb12
ASL [app_rpt] : 3.10.5
Installed ASL packages :
Package Version
============================== ==============================
allmon3 1.9.1-1.deb12
asl3 3.18.2-2.deb12
asl3-asterisk 2:22.10.1+asl3-3.10.5-1.deb12
asl3-asterisk-config 2:22.10.1+asl3-3.10.5-1.deb12
asl3-asterisk-modules 2:22.10.1+asl3-3.10.5-1.deb12
asl3-menu 1.18-1.deb12
asl3-pi-appliance 1.10.1-1.deb12
asl3-tts 1.0.1-1.deb12
asl3-update-nodelist 2.1.0-1.deb12
asl-apt-repos 2.0-1.deb12
cockpit 287.1-0+deb12u3
cockpit-bridge 287.1-0+deb12u3
cockpit-networkmanager 287.1-0+deb12u3
cockpit-packagekit 287.1-0+deb12u3
cockpit-sosreport 287.1-0+deb12u3
cockpit-storaged 287.1-0+deb12u3
cockpit-system 287.1-0+deb12u3
cockpit-wifimanager 1.1.1-1.deb12
cockpit-ws 287.1-0+deb12u3
dahdi 1:3.1.0-2
dahdi-dkms 1:3.4.0-11.asl.deb12
dahdi-linux 1:3.4.0-11.asl.deb12
dahdi-source 1:3.4.0-11.asl.deb12
Strangely enough, now we aren't getting any disconnect messages at all......but looks like the connects are (and continue to) logging correctly. It's been running for a day or so but I personally tested a couple connect/disconnects and it only logged the connects.
Any ideas? Thanks!!
WA3WCO
September 22, 2026, 1:07pm
5
The fix (noted above) is coming soon ("beta" likely this week)