Disabling connect / disconnect messages on radioless hub

I actually had a discussion with one of the folk currently working on the chan_dahdi (pseudo) replacement and rest assured, none of these settings apply whatsoever. chan_dahdi was written for Asterisk telephony use, not AllStar. They are working now on a new AllStar specific pseudo channel driver.

Yes, chan_psuedo as well as most of AllStar were written for Asterisk. That does not change the fact that properly configured a node will not play all telemetry sent to it.

“Properly configured” isn’t something you or I get to choose for parties connecting in. Not to mention, disabling telemetry causes other issues for repeater sites like failing Part 97 ID rules.

The code is broke for correct hub operation, pure and simple. Fortunately folks are working on it.

Cheers.

Somehow, I get the impression that you do not understand how telemetry data is passed and acted on.

All telemetry data except for that which is specifically local is ‘passed’ to all connected nodes.
Each node can set what they want to do with that telemetry info.
There are settings not to announce foreign data and or local data, but, each connected node must choose how they want that data dealt with.

Just because you turn it off on your node and it does not announce there does not mean someone else that connects is not going to be announce on some other connected node for that node has it own setting on how it wants to handle it. You can’t shut off all connected nodes telemetry with a setting on your node.

As far as some issue with proper ID’s to meet FCC requirement, I can only say that if your station is not IDing correctly from bad configuration… shut it off till you config it correctly.

But a hub node on a VPS or non-radio device does not need to ID. It does not TX on radio Freq’s but a data stream on the internet. Which brings us back to each node handling telemetry for itself and not being controlled by any one of the connected nodes.

All the proper correct information for handling telemetry is in the wiki.

This is from my compiled notes… I highlighted one of particular interest.

=cop,33 ; Local Telemetry Output Enable
=cop,34 ; Local Telemetry Output Disable
=cop,35 ; Local Telemetry Output on demand
=cop,36 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Enable
=cop,37 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Disable
=cop,38 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Follows Local Telemetry Selection (above)
=cop,39 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Timed
=cop,40 ; IRLP announce Enable
=cop,41 ; IRLP announce Disable
=cop,42 ; Echolink announce node # only
=cop,43 ; Echolink announce node Callsign only
=cop,44 ; Echolink announce node # & Callsign

Look, Mike. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, I really do.

I’ve already discussed this matter with someone who actively works on AllStar code and is presently involved in the development of a chan_dahdi replacement. They 100% corroborated my findings from extensive testing with our own infrastructure (as well as N4IRS).

I’m disinclined to get into an Internet debate with a stranger so let’s just call it good and consider this discussion closed.

Thanks again.

No argument here.
But you speak of a KNOWN BUG…
Is this bug published somewhere ?

That is normally what happens with a bug so others do not beat their brains out trying to fix something that is fundamentally broke. If someone knows something they are not sharing… shame on them.
So, I would like to know under what conditions this bug appears since I run 5 servers without it. 4 of them are VPS, and one PC supporting 3 repeaters+.

Since this forum is about help, I do not want others to stop seeking answers for similar issues because they think it is a BUG from a forum post unless it is published and we can point to it and they can see it for themselves and just maybe even they might create a work-around for it.
These forum posts are forever and others run into them seeking help in the system.

Others should consider this a user setting error until someone can replicate it under given conditions.
Perhaps there is a error under certain conditions like duplex mode + ? but so far I have not seen it.
The commands I posted above function in all of my systems without any noticeable error.

Telemetry is always shared to connected nodes. It is up to each node to announce or not via settings I posted above. You can not dictate to downstream nodes if they ‘get the telemetry info’. It is intended, not a bug.