Debian 12 Bookworm

Currently running Debian 12 Bookworm 12.5. I have tried multiple times to install Allstar and run into the same issues I see from previous posts, the last one being Feb. 2023?
Has there been any further developments for the newer Debian OS’s?
I have tried Allan Nathanson’s suggestions and when I get to sudo apt upgrade -y, I get these errors:
dpkg: error processing package asl-dahdi-dkms (–configure):
installed asl-dahdi-dkms package post-installation script subprocess returned e
rror exit status 10
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of asl-dahdi-linux:
asl-dahdi-linux depends on asl-dahdi-dkms | asl-dahdi-source; however:
Package asl-dahdi-dkms is not configured yet.
Package asl-dahdi-source is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package asl-dahdi-linux (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
asl-dahdi-dkms
asl-dahdi-linux
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Did you “apt -f install” to attempt a fix?

2 Likes

My script doesn’t install any asl-dahdi-* packages so you weren’t working with a clean install of Debian.

1 Like

After running into issues installing to bookworm 12.5 on Intel. I finally just grabbed the source and built it from there. There are several issues that have to be fixed to get a successful build. Once I get a chance to test I’ll post patches.

Pat NE4PO

1 Like

Allan WA3WCO (thanks for your work, Allan!) has a working version. Easy peasy to install on an existing Deb 12 installation. I’m running it on several different computers

https://github.com/Allan-N/ASL-Install

2 Likes

I was just about to link this in (GitHub - Allan-N/ASL-Install: Build, install, and configure AllStarLink on [recent] OS platforms). I second Allan’s scripts. Works GREAT and simplifies it very nicely!

2 Likes

I apologize for taking so long to get back to this. I reinstalled Debian 12 with a new clean USB stick. I am now at the portion to create password to access AMI for Allmon and Supermon. It will not allow me to save a new password or use the default and move to next level after completing the other criteria in node setup menu.

Did you remember to use ‘sudo’ before the command ?
It requires root privileges to run it.

I backed out of asl install and yes I am in root.

Sorry, I can’t tell from what you have said just where you are having the issue…

What instruction are you trying to follow ?

Setting your Apache password for web access ? or exactly which password is giving you the issue ?

You must password protect the allmon directory and that is a HTTP password setup. It is not the same as the AMI password setup.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Allmon2_Install

The program was not letting me set a password for the AMI secret which the default is llcgi. I am following the Allan-N/ASL-Install.

You can set the AMI password by editing the file
‘/etc/asterisk/manager.conf’

1 Like

I have ASL installed now in the Debian 12 platform. I have a node number assigned (61742). I have the TYT TH-9000D with the mod RIM-Alinco from Repeater builders. I need help from here on out getting this up and running if anyone is interested in offering. I am very new at the Linux operating system trying to learn as best I know how, just don’t understand some of the instructions I see out there to put this all together. Thank you for all who have gotten me this far.