Dahdi Multiple Nodes

I have a Question ?..

How many Dahdi Nodes can you put on a Single Instance of Allstar ?..

I ask as I’m not sure if they would interfere with each other…

Thanks

Rob…

That clearly has a lot of dependencies.

How many nodes can you define ? as many as the memory and cpu bandwidth will support.
There is no ‘internal limit’.
Much of the bandwidth ‘used’ has also to fit in how much bandwidth is ‘available’.

So other things come into play like other things running on the server. Leaving you with less bandwidth.

The average Pi with 1gb mem running 1ghz+ should be able to support 3 nodes. Perhaps 4?

There is one more consideration. How many connected stations can you have?

The more you have, the less bandwidth available for the next and there is a limit, but it would be hard to say what that is with all the varying circumstances.

If you know you want more than you have been able to achieve from system crashes, the best way is to not load asterisk modules you will not need and turn off things like Allison speech or foreign announcements in general. Allison can do a lot of talking if she is reporting all connection changes on all your nodes while connected to many wide area systems. It is cpu/memory intensive compounded by the number of streams.

All things to think about when planning.

Just a for instance,
I use a mini ITX PC board running at 2.1ghz w/4gb mem and a good sized ssd.
On one system, I have 3 radio nodes (simpleUSB) defined and 4 private nodes(headless dahdi) . No issues despite the fact I run a lot of other stuff on the same system.
I have has as many as 60 inbound connects at once.

Hi Mike…

Thanks for your Reply.

I use a Dell R620 Server that I got for Free with 2 x 2.6ghz CPU’s and I added some ram so it’s 256GB. I had 9 Private Dahdi nodes setup but got reports of some interference so I was just wondering if there was a Limit to how many DAHDI Nodes you could implement on the same Node before issues manifest themselves.

It was probably a Setting on my part but I would like to Ensure that all the Private DAHDI nodes cannot interact with eachother unless I connect them.

Thanks

Rob…

As long as they are ‘private’ / not registered,
they can not interact with any node you do not ‘directly describe in your files’.
Private means private.

So,
you can for example allow a inbound connect from a node and provide no outbound connectivity, provided you give the intended inbound conectee your ip/port info and you provide for that in extensions.conf
and visa versa in rpt.conf for outbound connects…