DAHDI_DUMMY install fails on a Pi with ASL 1,01

Following instructions on the WIKI page, I did the ’ hold ', then tried the next line: apt-get install gcc raspberrypi-kernel-headers make vim git.

I get this response: package vim is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source. ???

try sudo apt-get update
then sudo apt install vim

Le mar. 7 avr. 2020 à 14:47, lengriff@optimum.net via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org a écrit :

···

lengriff

April 7

Following instructions on the WIKI page, I did the ’ hold ', then tried the next line: apt-get install gcc raspberrypi-kernel-headers make vim git.

I get this response: package vim is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source. ???

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Did you read and follow the readme file when you downloaded the image?

Here is what it says to do.

Login: repeater

Passsword: allstarlink

SSH port: 22

User repeater has sudo privileges (sudo -s)

There may have been updates to the operating system and AllStarLink since this image was built.

Run the following commands after the first time you boot.

sudo apt-mark hold raspberrypi-kernel-headers raspberrypi-kernel

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade -y sudo reboot

at the # prompt run “asl-menu” to setup your node.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: lengriff@optimum.net via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 11:47 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] DAHDI_DUMMY install fails on a Pi with ASL 1,01

lengriff
April 7

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

YES. That was followed explicitly.

If you are still at this…
Download new image and burn to a fresh new sd card.
Then follow direction per readme ‘very important first thing’