CW node ID heard on connected node

What would cause a CW node ID to be heard on any connected nodes?

Off the top of my head,
I would say it would play through if the node playing cwid had an active cor and the audio would gate through with all other audio from say the txing stations audio. Even if they were not speaking, the audio gate is open.

I can see some variance with some duplex modes, but not thinking that hard about it.

For the benefit of all…
Telemetry ‘data’ is shared to connecting nodes.
Telemetry is generated by the local node.
You can select what telemetry data is played on ‘your node’. But not others. You cannot prohibit sharing telemetry ‘data’ to connected nodes.

But that does not prevent others cw telemetry bleeding through an open audio gate from a connected and txing node.

But you should check your nodes telemetry settings to be sure it is not on your end.
Here are some of the settings (with my command numbers. I don’t know what the defaults are)
If these commands are not in your rpt.conf and you wish to execute them, stick them in there.
Assign your command numbers, not many like 4 digit numbers as I use.

telemdynamic=1 ;allow changing of specific telemetry items via cop command
telemdefault=1 ; 0= t off - 1=t on - 2=on after command and shortly afterwards

9400=cop,34 ; Local Telemetry Output Disable
9401=cop,33 ; Local Telemetry Output Enable
9402=cop,35 ; Local Telemetry Output on demand
9410=cop,37 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Disable
9411=cop,36 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Enable
9412=cop,38 ; Foreign Link Local follow local telem
9413=cop,39 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path On-/-Timed

9421=cop,42 ; Echolink announce node # only
9422=cop,43 ; Echolink announce node Callsign only
9423=cop,44 ; Echolink announce node # & Callsign

Off the top of my head the allstar node is picking up the repeater cw id. It’s pretty common with EchoLink and requires some filtering to strip it.
73 de k7iou

If someone has linked to a non-Allstar repeater, that would do it. It’s considered bad practice in the Allstar world. But, for some special event or other ad hoc need, it could be the only option. Echo-Linkers are more likely to do it I suppose.

Ken

I call it in-band linking. And yes, it’s bad practice. Some people work around the issues of in-band linking by having the repeater send no PL during IDs, courtesy tones or hang time. That will work in a pinch if you can get the repeater to do those things. But it’s a funky way to do AllStar. All you get is IP linking and can’t take advantage of 99% of AllStar’s features.

I do guess that it should be said
that one really should identify the source before passing very much judgement on it.
An analog rf link through a DH1/other remote to some rf repeater would promote such a result and is considered a permissible method. A open audio gate is a open audio gate.

This is outside of telemetry control within the system if it is anything similar to it.
Not enough data is presented so I’m not passing any judgement. Just ‘some’ possibilities.