Could Not Log into Asterisk Manager After Router Upgrade

I have 3 registered nodes, 56517, 563760, and 563761. 56517 is a remote node at a repeater shack. It still works fine. The other 2 nodes are on my home network. They used to work fine in Supermon until I got a new router on my home network. In the new router I set up the port forwarding identically as it had been on the previous router, except I used the new local IP addresses assigned by the router. Now I get “Could not connect to Asterisk Manager” for the local nodes 563760 and 563761. On the remote node 56517 I changed allmon.ini as follows to point to the new local IP addresses. For security I’m not showing the actual passwd fields, but those haven’t changed and remains the same as the password in manager.conf. I’m running Supermon 6.2.2. Nodes 56517 and 563761 are on RPis running Hamvoip, and node 563761 is on a PC running Allstarlink.

[563760]
host=192.168.10.92:5038
user=admin
passwd=xxxx
menu=yes
hideNodeURL=no

[563761]
host=192.168.10.90:5038
user=admin
passwd=xxxx
menu=yes
hideNodeURL=no

Here’s the odd part. I can connect to each of these nodes with iaxrpt and do *81 and *70. I can use Supermon to connect from 56517 to 563760 but not to 563761. I can use iaxrpt *3 to make similar connections. I can not for the life of me figure out how to fix this problem. It seems to have to do with the router settings but I have checked and rechecked the port forwarding settingsin the new home router compared to the old router. Port forwarding on the remote node 56517 has not changed. Attached are a screenshot of my Supermon screen and of port forwarding on my home network and remote site. Please help. Thanks, Bob

KE0SDV

A couple of things come to mind…
Firewall
While you may have been adjusting parameters and got it wrong for several attempts in a short time,
fail2ban may have put a block on the IP for port.

Otherwise most errors are config in nature. But you must look close at all parameters. Since I have no clue what may have changed, if anything, you also need to look at implication of others with a change.
ie
permit=65.154.38.100/255.255.255.255

I have limited experience with linux so my questions may be simple-minded. I don’t see fail2ban running on either the RPi / Hamvoip or the PC / Allstarlink systems, so maybe it is not a factor? For firewall, are you referring to the firewall on my PC at home running Supermon or the RPi at our repeater shack running RPI / Hamvoip? I briefly turned off the firewall on my home PC and it had no effect.

Otherwise most errors are config in nature. But you must look close at all parameters.
I don’t know what this means:
Since I have no clue what may have changed, if anything, you also need to look at implication of others with a change.
ie
permit=65.154.38.100/255.255.255.255

Bob, KE0SDV

What I was referring you to with this is in the asterisk manager.conf
It is a limit on what ip has access to the manager.(mine just example)
(allmon/supermon use asterisk manager to send commands)
So, a check to that in the case the ip has changed as to access ip
You can set it to 0.0.0.0 for testing and will allow any connect to the manager on the manager port with proper user/pass.

So this bring a point if the asl/asterisk machine is on the same local address as it was and if the port forwarding is shooting to the new or old address. And if the asl/asterisk is still using a static address or dhcp.

The firewall of concern would bi the the computer hosting asl/asterisk with the manager interface you are trying to access.

You can check for fail2ban with
which fail2ban

So, I don’t really know anything for sure, I am not in front of it… Just giving you leads to check as I would if I were…

After digging deeper I found that nodes 563760 and 563761 are unable to receive inbound connections. This Supermon problem is only a manifestation of this problem. New tropic created on 3/7/2024. This topic can be closed.