"Connection Failed" on iphone - Any ideas?

Hi all,
I have a SHARI node running Allstar and when I am at home it works great on my wireless network. When trying to connect through my AT&T iPhone, the node gets an IP address 170.20.xx.xx something.
However, when I attempt to connect to a node, I get “Connection Failed”
Does anyone have experience with Allstar on an iPhone?
Thank you !
George KJ6VU

I use it all the time.
However, there are many ways of doing the same thing and you have not stated your methods, so I would have a hard time telling where to look for an answer. You leave a lot to assume that does not squish.

So, are you calling in on a sip phone app? OR how are you connecting into the server?
If so, do you have properly configured a dialplan to the radio extension in extensions?

Since it appears to be a cellular connect, not wifi (correct me if I am wrong), is the ip allowed through your firewall ? OR could the sip extension be limited to only your wifi ip

Plenty more questions but this is a start.

Hi Mike,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I am not using a SIP app but simply using my iPhone as a WiFi hotspot. My AllStar node is a RPI with a SHARI radio module. The WiFi config on the RPI is set to connect to my iPhone first and if if’s not present it will connect to the home WiFi.
When the RPI boots, the Allstar software comes up and announces the IP address.

When connected to the home WiFi AP it says 192.168.0.110 or whatever DHCP address it gets.
I can make connections with the node just fine.

When connected to the iPhone WiFi hotspot, it says 172.20.10.2
At this point just about all connection attempts end up with “Connection Failed” announcement.
A few times it did say connected but dropped shortly after that.

Does this help?
Thank you !
George

I think you might find that ATT is blocking VOIP ports across their system.
But you might try a new high port in the range of 8120 or so. or 8081
When I did this, I used t-mobile (I had a account with every carrier)
So, it’s not the phone but the carrier.
TMo has a pretty cheap min account if you check. Pay as u go.
But I would test it on someone phone first to be sure it still works as it did.
Everyone is always changing things