Connecting Motorola GM300 to AllStar link

Hello.
I am a beginner with AllStar network.
I created a server and now I requested my first node.
I installed the software on raspberry pi and now I want to prepare the radio.
I want to use Motorola GM300 connected to USB sound card on raspberry pi. Do I need URI, or the transceiver can be connected direct to sound card ?
Do I need to use COR pin 8 ? I do not intend to use CTCSS.

In this moment the important question is how to connect the tranceiver to sound card of raspberry pi ?
I do not intend to buy URI because in this COVID context, from US to Europe it will take too much time for shipping and customs taxes etc. I cand build one if the schematic is not so complicate.
Repeater interface will be simplex node with CM1xx USB cards no/DSP.

I appreciate any advices and links to get this node on line and on air ASAP. :slight_smile:

Thank you !

1 Like

The onboard sound of the Pi hardware is not supported by ASL software.

You need to find a USB Sound Fob that has specific chip set in it.

Here are some of my favorites.

Masters Communications - RA-42 Radio Adapter Interface Board - by Masters Communications

Or

The URI-http://www.dmkeng.com/Products.htm 4

Or

Dinah - https://hamprojects.info/dinah/

Or you can build your own.

Marshall-ke6pcv

···

From: Iulian via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2020 1:28 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Connecting Motorola GM300 to AllStar link

|

iuliandj
August 6

|

• | - |

Hello.
I am a beginner with AllStar network.
I created a server and now I requested my first node.
I installed the software on raspberry pi and now I want to prepare the radio.
I want to use Motorola GM300 connected to USB sound card on raspberry pi. Do I need URI, or the transceiver can be connected direct to sound card ?
Do I need to use COR pin 8 ? I do not intend to use CTCSS.

In this moment the important question is how to connect the tranceiver to sound card of raspberry pi ?
I do not intend to buy URI because in this COVID context, from US to Europe it will take too much time for shipping and customs taxes etc. I cand build one if the schematic is not so complicate.

I appreciate any advices and links to get this node on line and on air ASAP. :slight_smile:

Thank you !

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

get yourself a dmk engineering urix and be done with it
here is the usb.conf file that is needed
hope this helps
Simpleusb.conf

; simple usb configration added by simpleusb-config.sh

; 2015.10.16.1908

[general]

[usb]

; Motorola GM300 with COS inverted

eeprom=0

hdwtype=0

rxboost=0

carrierfrom=usbinvert

ctcssfrom=usb

txmixa=composite

txmixb=no

invertptt=0

duplex=1

plfilter=yes

deemphasis=no

preemphasis=yes

rxaudiodelay=0

duplex=1

1 Like

The third link where I can build my own is a good ideea because I can easely find a USB sound card on local PC shop and modify it. The first two links need to order it from US to Europe, and take a lot of time to arrive in this COVID context uith USPS.
The wires from sound card: Audio out (left or right), MIC, PTT, GND, COS goes directly to radio pins ?

Thank you !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.