Connecting different two nodes, issued to two different call signs not able to connect to each other , but will connect to other nodes with no issue

I have set up two different RPI 3, with two different nodes issue to two different callsigns. If I connect the first node to another node, no issue. If I connect the 2nd node to another node, no issue. But if I connect both nodes together, it will not connect. Please advise.

AllStar nodes connect by the node number not the by callsign. Think telephone system: phones connect by the number not the persons name.

When there is more than one server behind a NAT router, each node must have it own port. Please take a look at this:

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Two_Servers_Behind_NAT_Router

Please configure your node per the PDF.

If both nodes are on the same network router (NAT), and not under the same server (computer), you will need to specify the full ‘LOCAL’ connection/port to the other node via rpt.conf under ‘nodes’

48233 = radio@192.168.1.123:4569/48233,NONE

additional…
If both nodes have also a private node (ie 1999) connected of the same number, a automatic loop-back prevention will block the attempted connection.
The quick fix is to use a more obscure node numbers for private nodes (ie 1441)

HI Tim and Mike,
Thak you so much for the information. Just got busy to reply. I appreciated all the assistance and both systems are currently working fine. Thank you very much.

So, for the benefit of others, what did you find to correct the issue.

Hello Mike,
I followed your instruction of specifying you provided with assigned different port. Make sure you open the port at the router.
For A Node at the rpt.conf:
XXXXA = radio@127.0.0.1:4569/XXXXA,NONE
XXXXB = radio@192.168.1.123:4568/XXXXB,NONE

For B Node at the rpt.conf:
XXXXB = radio@127.0.0.1:4568/XXXXB,NONE
XXXXA = radio@192.168.1.120:4569/XXXXA,NONE

This solved the issue. it is working fine.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.