Cloud Server - 2 Nodes - Each with it's OWN EL Credentials

Today I have 2 Cloud Servers - Each running an Allstarlink instance, and working well. One is the hub for my personal 2 nodes and the other server for the local ham club repeater node. Each server has one echolink connection and works well.

Enter a third repeater wanting it’s own independent EL credentials.

My question, can one of the servers, have a second node with a SECOND echo link config? Today, one server has NU5D-L, the other has K5CRA-L. The third would be on the same server with NU5D-L and would be W5GTS-R…

Thanks again, steve nu5d

It is doable, but will take some network gymnastics. Echolink only supports a single node at any given IP. If you can get a second external IP, then it is possible. In addition to the inbound traffic needing to get steered to the proper EL instance, you’ll also need to steer the EL outbound traffic through that specific IP.

I have 5 AllStar nodes running on one server that includes Echolink on two of those nodes.

If you can get the extra IP, I can help you get it configured.

As WB6OZD points out, you will need another WAN IP address for the second EchoLink node. Add a [el1] stanza in echolink.conf to configure the second EchoLink node and associated Allstar node if different from the first. The “ipaddr =” line in EchoLink.conf will specify the IP address to bind to for each EchoLink node stanza.

For outgoing connections to EchoLInk, you might reference https://community.allstarlink.org/t/multiple-echolink-nodes/8938 Allstar nodes will default to using the [el0] stanza EchoLink node in echolink.conf for outgoing EchoLink connections. If you have multiple Allstar nodes or want to specifiy a different EchoLink node stanza, try adding “eloutbound=el1” to rpt.conf with the appropriate EchoLink stanza value in the desired Allstar node stanza.

David McAnally
WD5M
WX5FWD SKYWARN Team