CLI Response Not Understood

Let me preface by stating my password is correct in iax.config and the node is registered which CLI acknowledges.

CLI is stating the following message: NOTICE[363]:chan_iax2.c 9949 socket_process: registration of ‘548272’ rejected: ‘Password incorrect’ from 162.248.92.131.

I am using a BCR repeater with an RC-210 controller and a Repeater-Builder node. The software is from Hamvoip.org. I have been through all the troubleshooting procedures as outlined in Allstar Wiki without success. Additionally, I am using port 4570 in all the defined parameters.

did you go to allstarlink.org and under node settings change the port to 4570 there?
if not you will not be registered fully and have that error.

Yes, 4570 is registered correctly with Allstarlink.org and is specified in all software parameters. I also noticed 162.248.92.131 is the Allstarlink.org image download file; however, I am using the image from Hamvoip.org

The allstar wiki may not ‘exactly’ cover hamvoip.
And I am not a user of it.

Are there any extra registration lines in iax.conf ?

Clean them out or comment them on the left with a :

Are you attempting a connect when you get this error ?

There are no extraneous lines that I can find in the iax.conf file. The only changes I made to this file are:
bindport=4570
register=>548272:mypassword@register.allstarlink.org

I am not sure why there is a “greater than” sign but removing it does not make any difference. I still receive the same error message.

Where is that >, you did not show/say ? can’t answer without context

Are you attempting a connect when you get this error ?
Or exactly when does it appear ?

I am not attempting to do anything. I am just letting CLI run and watch the output. DNS lookup works fine but this message keeps popping up every so often without my intervention; I’m not issuing any CLI commands. I believe if I can solve this, it will also solve the connection problems: outbound and inbound. I cannot find any reference regarding NOTICE[363]. Iax port and password are correct in node and server settings.

The “>” sign is in the image software https://hamvoip.org/RPi2/RPi-Z2W-2-3-4_V1.7-01_Allstar.exe in the iax.conf file.Upon editing the iax.conf file the line appears exactly like this: ;register => xxxxxx:pppppppp@register.allstarling.org, where xxxxxx is the node number and pppppppp is your password. So I uncomment this line and fill in the required information. But as I stated before, removing the “>” and just have “=” does not solve the problem. Notice[363] keeps appearing.

To my knowledge, the > is not required in the registration string
But should not hurt anything.

The ip of the reject connection is the allstarlink server.
It could be an issue with a mirror server. I think there is some redundancy built in.

So what I guess I am thinking is that ‘if there is no functional issue’,
don’t sweat it.

It’s not likely an error on your end.
But if you loose registration for some reason and I have seen that you are indeed registered, that would be an issue.

Thank you for the response. I created another image for the Hamvoip.org and populated the required parameters with the same “NOTICE” result. I have since changed to the Beta version from Allstarlink.org running on a Pi 4B which is a more polished software for Allstar. The result: the aforementioned NOTICE is resolved. Thank you again for your comments.