Cant log in to configure linux user repeater

Good morning everyone. I have managed to get everything setup and running on the new v 3. I had v 2 up and running for a long time with no issues. I noticed this time that when I tried to log in as user repeater with allstar as the default pw, its not there anymore. Has this user name become redundant, and should I just use sudo to do any config chainges. I dont like doing admin stuff under the root user id and I miss the pre configured repeater user on the system. I am guesing I missed a step somewhere :):slight_smile: … feeling a little silly here. Have a great day 73 Rob VE3MGQ node 60655

Can we assume that you are installing to a Raspberry Pi?

If so, you should have set a username and password in Step 11 of the instructions @ Raspberry Pi Install Step-by-Step Appliance Setup. That would be the login information to use at the console, at the Web Admin Portal (Cockpit), or when using SSH.

So stupid of me. So sorry… I am actually running Linux Debian 12 on a dedicated PC server here. I haven’t had any issues using su root to do the configures, and with the asl-menu most of the needed functions seem to be there anyway Once again WA3WCO thank you for pointing out my half asleep REQUIRED information :slight_smile: One should never write technical notes after 6 hours of system building hi hi :):slight_smile: Its a new day, and time to play ham radio hi hi :slight_smile:

Happy to have helped set you back on track :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.