Can RX but no TX

Hi all, I have a strange issue, I can receive pretty much fine but cannot TX at all on Allstar. I am also randomly showing as keying on Allmon but theres no TX light on my Node which could be linked to my issue?
When I try and TX my green light illuminates on my node but nothing is going out at all. Been trying the parrot but theres nothing received there at all. I can receive most of the time except when the “ghost” keying occurs which I think is the cause of my issue.
On Simpleusb theres no movement on teh audio test but theres alot of flicker around the COS, Levels etc, which points again to my ghost keying. I get the welcome Ip and callsign announcements with weather no problem so I am making the trip intially into allstar and can change group from teh dashboard but just no TX from my mini Node out. Any ideas?

Gary,
You have not said how you are configured, but I am guessing a simplex radio node.

The first order of biz is to check your i/o logic (cor/ptt)

Verify the COR is the correct logic for what is present in the radio squelch and you can invert that in the config if it is simply backwards.

You may have to get your meter out and be sure it is at the threshold values if it’s not a simple inversion.

So, one step at a time and that comes first.

Thanks for the reply appreciate it.
Yes its Simplex mode.
I’m new to this so pardon my ignorance but how would I check the i/o logic?
I have tried changes in simpleusb and nothing seems to work, should I be somewhere else to change it?
Once again thanks for the reply I do appreciate it.

I may not be a good explain’r… but…

In this first step, you must determine what kind of logic is coming from the radio.
That being a voltage that is attached to the squelch gate in your radio.

If it shows a voltage when the gate is open (rxing), that would be considered “ACTIVE HIGH”
or
if it shows a voltage wen inactive and shows no voltage when active, that is considered “ACTIVE LOW”

So to set that, you have a setting in simpleusb or usbradio .conf files

Where normally you are going to have to choose your weapon of choice based on the hardware you are using for example (for most using a Usb Radio Interface or URI)

;carrierfrom=usb
carrierfrom=usbinvert

So, you might see that one of these is the oposite logic of the other and only one can be selected and the other should be commented out with a semicolin on it’s left.

Your PTT seems to be working I think from what you have said so I doubt you need to verify or change that.

But since audio gating/switching is tied to the cos working with the correct logic,
you can not set-up the audio till it is correct.

And your duplex mode 'duplex=x’ always has some say about how that audio is gated (rpt.conf)
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Rpt.conf#duplex.3D

Also know that changes to you files will require a restart for they are only loaded ‘at startup’. or with a asterisk command reload. Best bet restart.

1 Like

Yep, simplex nodes must be set to half duplex.

Thanks for the replies, I returned the node and found that it needed rebuilt.

1 Like