Brain dead here... How do I keep disconnects and connects voice from going accross the network and just keep it locally

When 28079 connects to 28295 it announces it locally which is fine… But I don’t want the connection voice/etc to come out on 28295 I want it to be silent. WHat Am i missing

Each end controls its own announcements (aka telemetry). If you have control of 28295 you can turn off its telemetry with the telemdefault setting https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Rpt.conf#telemdefault.3D. This setting is per node so you can have nodes set differently even if they are on the same server.

For what it’s worth I like telemdefault=2 for my nodes. This way I hear telemetry from local commands but nothing from remote nodes unless they happen to command something within the timeout period.

And just fyi… the voice is not sent across the network. Digital out of ban (out of the audio band) data is sent across the network. The voice is produced from Allison (a real person, btw) recordings stored locally on your node.

1 Like