Before I start - Will AllStar do what I want (link two analogue FM voice repeaters together)?

Hi folks,

Before I get into the nitty gritty of AllStar, I’d like to know if it will do what I want.

I’m the secretary of a repeater group and we have two analogue 70cms FM voice repeaters where the service area almost overlaps. We’d like to link the two repeaters together via an internet backbone so anyone who transmits into one repeater is automatically relayed out via the other repeater and vice versa.

Is this the sort of thing we can do with AllStar?

Thanks and 73.

Keith.

Yes

Thank you
Nathan Hardman
Nhardman1428@gmail.com

···

On Feb 28, 2020, at 3:23 PM, Keith via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

g6nhu
g6nhu

February 28

Hi folks,

Before I get into the nitty gritty of AllStar, I’d like to know if it will do what I want.

I’m the secretary of a repeater group and we have two analogue 70cms FM voice repeaters where the service area almost overlaps. We’d like to link the two repeaters together via an internet backbone so anyone who transmits into one repeater is automatically relayed out via the other repeater and vice versa.

Is this the sort of thing we can do with AllStar?

Thanks and 73.

Keith.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Short and to the point, thank you! I’ll start reading.

yes & if its a homebrew repeater the software makes a perfect repeater controller

the audio is the best you will ever hear

The repeaters are Simoco TSF2025 units and they currently have G8CUL logic.

I have only played with motorola stuff

you need to be able to access the cor & cos line as well as flat audio

if you can do that it ought to work

Hi Keith,

I’m repeater keeper for GB3IM (amongst others)

We were a fairly early adopter of AllStar (see our node numbers: 2480, 2481, 2482, 2484) and it was the best move. AllStar is ace!

As Mike_P said, the link audio is excellent.

We have recently been gifted a pair of TSF’s and I’d be interested to hear how you get on with the interface and programming.

David Osborn
GD4HOZ

1 Like