ASL 3 PI Imager

Ive spent almost two days on trying to get ASL 3 on my raspberry pi, it changes your username & password also wpa key to a hash key but the hash keys dont match Ive followed all sorts of suggestions to which none of them work, Ive followed Radio Ham Crusaders video on youtube who made it look so simple it dont work I dont know if he used another version thats not available, but you should pull the information out there telling everyone to follow those instructions ive even ask a friend to borrow his Macbook followed the same youtube video but it was exactly the same.

For what it’s worth, when I did the ASL3 install, I didn’t watch that Youtube video. I just followed the instructions on the page, then watched that video later. Successfully did three rPi installs from the instructions on the github page.
I only had to change a couple of options in simpleusb. The rest was as expected.

This post may help :

@Davie163 You mentioned borrowing a Mac but was your original images created using a Mac as well? There seems to be a bug with the Raspberry Pi imager that affects some but not all Macs.

Interestingly, it sounds like this bug QML Text Inputs drop first character of password · Issue #531 · raspberrypi/rpi-imager · GitHub. I would be curious if the proposed solution here of using the password without the first character - i.e. if the password is “password” try using “assword” for logins. That would be good to add to the manual if we can confirm this is the bug.

I got round it all by plugging keyboard and monitor in the pi let it boot it will then ask you to choose language then it asks you to create a username and password which gets round the Firstrun my real issue was it would change the last 3 characters of my WiFi password that’s why I could get it to connect spent hours researching eventually I manually created a WiFi connection in the bash shell now it’s working so I think there’s still a couple of issues in the pi imager I used both windows 11 and MacOS got exactly the same issues, I hope this might help someone to resolve there issue.