AR Newsline and ARRL news on ALLSTAR?

Has any one any info or instructions on how to play newsline or the ARRL news. This use to work great on my IRLP node I had. There is some info on the Hamvoip site but haven’t had success in creating the files needed. Any help would be appreciated…

Thanks
Dan Sellmeyer
WB0YYE

There are a few :slight_smile: posts right here on this forum about Newsline. Use the magnify glass and you get a result that looks like this: https://community.allstarlink.org/search?q=newslin

Pretty cool, eh?

Thanks for the reply. I seem to finally have it working. I am wondering if anyone has been able to customize the drop out timer when its plays. Right now as it play there are 20 sec pauses between its trasmissions.

Thanks

I didn’t like that either. I wrote my own script with no dropouts and turned off the timeout timer for newsline. But I lost the script, or I’d have already supplied it to you. Time to write you own script now that you have a better understanding…

Thanks I appreciate that. If I only knew anything about it or how to I shure would. I have never wrote any scripts. I work at the mercy of everyone elses work. Mabe someday I will know where to begin writing this stuff you guys all talk about. It really does look interesting to do though…

Thanks 73’s
Dan

While not a complete solution, insofar as how I want this to work on Allstar, and some may have developed other methods as well, you can now connect to node 516229 and hear the latest ARRL Audio news. I have configured node 516229 to automatically feed ARRL Audio News to connected nodes. This includes automatic un-key pauses at the appropriate times. Some additional caveats and details are found on arrlnews.rfnet.link.

David WD5M

wow thank you for banging this out!

1 Like

If everyone had the connect happen at :00 or :30 lets say
that might help with the missing portions when connected late
if the news was always 12 minutes then a every 15min cadence would be
fine
looks like it will work mighty fine

Since we’re resurrecting old threads, here’s how I do it

http://www.ah6le.net/index.php/allstar-links/broadcast-newsline-on-multiple-allstar-nodes

1 Like