AnySecu M-9900 Linux 25W Vhf/Uhf 4G LTE Mobile Radio

I have seen this radio for sometime now. It runs Linux. Right around 200 bucks. I wonder if we could get ASL to run on it? Any thoughts?

www.szanysecu.com

David
KE6UPI

1 Like

usually something like has a stripped linux system running busybox, and software to provide the functionality that they need from the hardware. It will also be limited on memory. You can pick one up and try it, but most consumer electronics are going to be this way.

Looks cool. Just another weird radio. Might look for more reviews…

Thanks, KE6UPI

···

On Fri, May 15, 2020, 1:12 AM Mark Wolfe via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

N7YMW

May 15

usually something like has a stripped linux system running busybox, and software to provide the functionality that they need from the hardware. It will also be limited on memory. You can pick one up and try it, but most consumer electronics are going to be this way.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

David_Shaw

May 14

I have seen this radio for sometime now. It runs Linux. Right around 200 bucks. I wonder if we could get ASL to run on it? Any thoughts?

eBay

Anysecu 4G Internet Mobile Radio Real PTT with GPS Analogue Dual Band Car Radio…

( For internet model, only support Real PTT platform). This radio has transfer function. It can let your android radio talk to analogue radio. Special microphone. It can show the radio screen content.

www.szanysecu.com
David

KE6UPI

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Yup, a lot of interesting hardware out there that uses linux as a base OS then they put their code on top of it. Saves a ton of development time in not having to write an OS for a common hardware, then you can concentrate on building your software on that foundation.

I am new . Just started today new.
I am wondering does anyone have any experience with these m9900 radios . I picked one up to use for gmrs and was hoping to somehow trick it to run the zello app.
Any help or info would be much appreciated.
Also what is the usb port for doesn’t seem to do anything.
Programming is done thru a mic cable plug.

I found this on an eBay listing for that radio…

Note: this 4g radio m-9900 is NO-Android system, so only can use Real-ptt platform, can’t use Zello.

So, my guess is no, cant run zello on it.

Neat looking animal. I always look at them.
But I found a long time ago that a DID phone connection to a VPS or home system of asl allows me to just control my node or ‘a’ node of my choosing with just simple dtmf. Not to mention home automation through gpio control using asterisk and a network gpio.
My only expenses were the DID (about a buck a month after initial sign-up) and the cell phones I have anyway, one on each carrier, att verizon a tmob. But you only need one of course. I use the cheap pre-paid accounts ranging from $15 - 25/month on phones I own.
The VPS costs me about $5 month.
Since I already had the infrastructure, I only needed the DID on the VPS server.
Why try to build asterisk into a phone when you can control it with a phone.
Having a phone port to the node is very useful. I encourage all to at least create a sip port, and try a sip phone and start dabbling.

My only thing against spending all the money playing with new hardware like that which was posted, is in a big box here at home… all $2500 worth of dated or bad ‘smarter’ products I have collected over the years. So I now look at it as… ‘what will it actually do for me that I can not already do’.
But I have to admit, playing with it is fun !. Any hacker maker would clearly understand.

Ho anysecu m9900, ho un problema: riesco a telefonare ma se mi chiamano il mumero squilla ma sulla radio non si ascolta la telefonata. Chiedo info

Mi dispiace, dovrai trovare un forum “vero-ptt” per trovare risposte al tuo problema.

Al momento della scrittura, non esiste un’interfaccia per questi nel nostro software.

Ciò potrebbe cambiare in futuro. Buona fortuna.

==
I’m sorry, you will need to find a ‘real-ptt’ forum to find answers for your issue.

As of writing, there is no interface for these to our software.

That could change in the future. Good Luck.