AMD64-i386 install problem

I have been fighting a problem installing ASL 1.01 (Debian 9) from DVD ISO image for AMD-i386 (mini-ITX), downloaded from the Wiki page. Everything is fine except the asterisk service fails to start due to a dependency (dahdi pseudo does not start). Has anyone run into this problem?

This server has been running CentOS ACID for 7 years until disk corruption set in. I would much prefer to rebuild with Debian 9 (or 8) .

Regards,
Tom / K5TRA

Try compiling dahdi per instructions on the WiKi.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/DAHDI_Make

EVERYONE has run into that problem. Hopefully will be fixed in the next release.

Ken

Ken, thanks for your reply. Is there a suggested interim fix?

···

From: Ken Jamrogowicz via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 3:29 PM
To: tom@k5tra.net
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] AMD64-i386 install problem

Ken_Jamrogowicz
May 15

EVERYONE has run into that problem. Hopefully will be fixed in the next release.

Ken

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Yes - do what wd6awp said. I am just busting his chops.

Hi Tom,

Check in /dev and see if you have the dahdi pseudo device files. If not you will need to pull them in.

do

sudo dpkg-reconfigure asl-dahdi-linux-dkms

Once it has done its bit, reboot and then go and check to see if the /dev entries have turned up.

If they have, you should be good to go.

Cheers,
Simon
ZL1SWW

Wow - you’d think an issue that EVERYONE has would be resolved in less time than 3 years. The date on the ASL 1.01 ISO shows 2018. I’m pleased to see 2.0 is getting closer to coming out, but there’s something that could have been done to resolve this since then.

Why can’t the README file be updated? It’s simple - “there’s an issue people are running into and this is how to resolve it”.

It will indeed. KC1KCC has packaged the DAHDI drivers in such a way that they rebuild automatically.

Beta release is out and working nicely, but it’s 64-bit so it won’t work out for Tom unfortunately.