Allstarlink on SHARIPiV4

Hi
I own SHARI Pi V4 pixx

I have been experimenting with running allstarlink rather than hamvoip on the node. The node works perfectly using hamvoip.

I have installed asl 2.0 beta soon to be prod release and have dvswitch , supermon, dvswitch monitor, monitor, echolink,allstar,and dmr brandmeister all working fine . I do have one issue that I can not figure out how to solve. When I use any of my radios to connect to the adhari node running hamvoip, transmit and receive as well as access thru the internetbwork great. With allstarlink, everything works EXCEPT the radio receives fine from allstarlink, but transmit from the radio to shari node running asl does not work - it’s like shari hears nothing from the radio. If I monitor the transmission on another rafio, I can hear both tx and rx on the other radio. It’s like shari is deaf.

If I simply put the other micro ssd back in and boot shari with hamvoip, all works ok except of course dmr.

I am thinking that it may be something in simpleusb.conf but not sure.

Can you help ?

I would be happy to send logs conf files or even give you access to node

If I can get this working with allstarlink, it would be great product option to allow analog access to brandmeister, other dmr services like nxdn etc,as well as echoink and allstar. Great competition for clearnode at a much lower price with better and more features and functionality.

Thank you for your time.

N1saf

Steve

This sounds like an excellent project.

Based on your description it is possible you may be having a problem with the COS signal from the radio being recognized, but this is just a guess.

Steve, did you ever get SHARI working with allstarlink? I am new to Allstar but am having the exact same symptoms (though using ASL1.1).

Thanks!
–Dave
W6DLK

Hi Dave,

Are you friends with Jim Earl by chance (K6KCP)? If so, I chatted with him this morning about your issue and he should be sending you an email later with a copy of his simpleusb.conf file to try.

Also, I noticed that you are running ASL 1.1, you may want to give the 2.0 beta a shot. You can grab it from Index of /ASL_Images_Beta/Raspberry_Pi2_3_4

Jim, K6JWN

Hi Steve,

You also may want to check the following in simpleusb.conf:

ctcssfrom and carrierfrom

for most configurations, setting ctcssfrom=no and carrierfrom=usbinvert should do the trick, but you may have to play around with those. The options are no (don’t use), usb (look for high COS) and usbinvert (look for low COS).

After you make changes, you need to restart asterisk.

Jim, K6JWN

Take a look at https://hamprojects.info/wp-content/uploads/SHARI-PiHat-Allstar-Node-Setup-Procedure-Version-1.02.3.pdf Page 11. The menu should tell you what you need to know to configure simpleusb.

Hi Jim,

Yes, I’m good friends with Jim Earl and he’s been helping me debug my RX issue. He sent me his simpleusb.conf but I haven’t had a chance to compare them yet. The configs I’ve compared so far are very different from his so it’s a bit of work. Things are moved into different places in the file so it takes more than just a side-by-side comparison. I’ll pay close attention to ctcssfrom and carrierfrom. Thanks!

Dave, W6DLK

Thanks for the pdf link, N4IRS. That’s what I’ve been using for guidance, but the menus don’t match up. My SimpleUSB-tune-menu, for instance, has only 11 entries, while the sample has 22:

active (command) USB Radio device is [usb_55310]
1) Select USB device
2) Set Rx Voice Level (using display)
3) Set Transmit A Level
4) Set Transmit B Level
E) Toggle Echo Mode (currently Disabled)
F) Flash (Toggle PTT and Tone output several times)
P) Print Current Parameter Values
S) Swap Current USB device with another USB device
T) Toggle Transmit Test Tone/Keying (currently Disabled)
W) Write (Save) Current Parameter Values
0) Exit Menu

I have been using option (2) Set Rx voice Level, but when I key my HT and speak into it I get no activity on the display. Hoping that it’s something simple that’s misconfigured in simpleusb.conf as opposed to a hardware problem.

–Dave, W6DLK

I am pleased to report that setting ctcssfrom and carrierfrom properly in simpleusb.conf resolved the issue:

carrierfrom = usbinvert
ctcssfrom = no

That’s noted elsewhere in this thread but putting it here should make it easier for future searchers to find.

Thanks to all who helped!

Dave, W6DLK

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.