Allstarlink Connecting issue

No, system command prompt (OS not Asterisk CLI). And you do need someone to ping you back to verify the inbound.

Come to think of it, have you even tested it is active on the inet ?
Can you run a apt-get update without error ?

If you change ports, be sure you are changing it in all the places I mentioned and do a restart to make those setting active.

On the firewall side, without trying to get to far into it,
you can use the asl-menu and reinstall the firewall and it will pick-up the ‘current’ in-use ports from the files and permit them. Both iptables and fail2ban. But do iptables first. But after you verify you actually on the internet. If you change ports afterwards, it ‘could’ create an issue.

gotcha, i can do apt-get update with no issues, ill try changing port and redoing the iptables/fail2ban when i get off work and keep you updated, i can get one of my buddys to ping my server once i do

is that the only spot in iax.conf?

is this the only spot in rpt.conf?

FB,
If you run through all of that and still at issue,
Try to post your iax.conf and rpt.conf files here.
You can send them to me as a PM if you wish.
I prefer to see them posted as others often catch what I miss. More eyes are better.
If you do post here, be sure to blot-out the registration password in iax.conf

Yes, under [nodes] in 1 place

Can you while you are at it, move the entire [nodes] section to near the bottom of the file.
(cut / paste)
Just above the lines you may have like
#include if exist

Do that before making any other changes if it’s not to late for that.
You will have to save / restart afterwards.

alright did that, rebooted, node list shows it online tried connecting still timing out, ill have someone ping me later on see what happens,

Well I see the port is now 8120, but is that forwarded in your router yet ?
Not going to work unless it is.
I did try a connect to see.

just a update to this,

turns out it was my isp xplorenet, their 5g wireless internet service, while the backbone is fiber the rest of the network is thru vlan and wireless 5g tech wich locks down alot of ports for security and theres no way to unblock them

switched to eastlink and it seems to be running fine, just got some fine tuning to do with sound card stuff

thanks for the support! appreciate it

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

While I can say it is always with suspicion when I see a wireless network involved, I know of no way to present a method to prove it outside of some standard port checks that have been ‘iffy’ with me anyway.

I had a major carrier who blocked or scrambled ports one day suddenly fix the situation, 2 years later.
Guessing they had to to allow hotspot tethering with biz software where ports can be important.
i.e Outlook Live Mail etc.

5G presents the same issues for what they want to do with it in the end, which we are no where near,
so perhaps this will get better with time in 5G.

Some of the low cost carriers now actually have their own backbone/networks and just buy bandwidth from the tower carriers/ So each can now have a different set of issues.
At least in the US. Every country does not have the exact infrastructure or rules.
And none of it has been very friendly to VOIP.