Allstar Hub Information

I’ve search and search…guess I’m missing something.

I want to create a hub to connect a node at my house, a portable node, and a few other nodes down the road. For the life of me can not locate any information on the process other than someone mentioning “it’s easy.” Can someone point me in the direction of a how to or briefly explain what I need to change in a standard ASL image.

A HUB is merely a radio-less set-up.
Being headless, so to speak, you do not define with a usb driver, but dahdi driver.

rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo

Then make it connectable with iaxrpt or whatever your fancy for control if you need it.
(you should be able to control directly it in some manner)

Iit will accept connections per your defined use.

Being years later, here is a follow-up question on this subject instead of creating an entire new thread.
I believe it is pounded in everyone’s head that a HUB is just a radio less node. You find that specific information all over the place. BUT…
What are some basic settings for a HUB such as what duplex choice (which has many opinions), telemetry settings and so on and so on?

There is a bundle of old data here on the site and Google, mainly referring to sites that don’t exist anymore or has been moved to some undisclosed location.

In my case, I just want a basic hub that has no courtesy tones or other SPECIAL Bells and Whistles but just serves to pass traffic like a HUB should. What are some good settings and pointers to having a less troublesome HUB.

Having a more recent step-by-step along with pointers would better the chances of having a network full of properly operating systems as demonstrated with using a standardized sound device.

Could someone who has setup a few of these and has a standard procedure they follow in doing so, provide some really cool information on this subject? What are the benefits in doing it your way?

Thanks
Harold
K7ILO
Las Vegas