Allmon networ require internet?

I am 100% new to this but have gone through the complete setup with GREAT help from a user … I would have not got this far without the AMAZING community … we have everything setup and working except allmon is reporting “no connections” if I change the password in “manager file” it says unable to login to asterisk so I believe all of that is working correctly.

I am running the latest release on an rpi4

UPDATE MOVED TO ANOTHER NETWORK ND IT APPEARS TO WORK… DOES NETWORK REQUIRE INTERNET? WITHOUT INTERNET IT JUST SAYS LOADING VOTER

Thanks,
Allen

Allen,
The short answer is NO, internet not required as long as the connection is networked to connecting points.

So, you have a pi4 with web server attached and you land on it’s address, so the php script only needs to connect locally to the same server.
If you had a private network connected at some other location, still the same.
Just think addresses and ports.

But if I fully understand your issue, you might want to look at your network address and make sure you are static and not DHCP and you have set the correct port for the asterisk manager interface (ami), and that port is open through your firewall.
That should give you some path to check for errors.

Thanks Mike … Its very odd … I set everything up with a router on the bench and it just says “loading voter” but if I move to my home network it works perfect … i change no settings just move networks … same ip info same port just move networks

I’m a much bigger fan of reserving a specific MAC address for a specific IP in the router. Result is the same but in some ways, easier to deal with on the Linux side

I think you should look into firewall issues.
If you have failtoban setup, know that it likely exempted the IP that you set-up on and not the one you moved to.
Just a guess. You have to look. Take your time and think it through.
That may mean learning some more on how the firewall works. It’s well documented.

@allenmpack It’s not clear to me what you are moving. Without more information all I can add is that if NAT becomes involved due to the move, you must forward port 5038 to the IP of your node.

Alright just an Update got everything fixed … a simple reinstallation took care of everything and works on both networks

Thanks everyone for the help

Allen

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.