All Star on top of PI-star for analogue coms

Dear All ,

I am quite new to this so please bare with me, thank you in advance for your patience

I know this is a bit off context / topic , BUT , its a small issue that I am sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to solve in a minute.

I managed to install Allstar as a package on top of PI-star and works( Beginners Guide - AllStarLink Wiki , I used this guide and it seems to work as expected) I can see the registration of my node on the IAX BUT I tried to install * Allmon2 * but I have trouble making the webserver work as expected.

I am not an expert on Linux and any help is welcome. ( I know I am in a gray zone as I am between a pi-star config and all star config )

so pi-star uses nginx as a webserver and php 7.0 it has several setup files , i tried to use an alias on the config to make the website of allmon2 to work but no dice I get only a download prompt and it just downloads the actual php file

I hope you can help me out in this endeavor I have or the latest solution would be to have 2 Rpis on the repeater that I feel its wasteful.

Thank you in advance

5B4AKV

See my answer: Pi-Star Like App_rpt? - #9 by wd6awp

If you want to use nginx you’ll need to sort out where the web docs are stored and add an allmon directory for the files.

Dear Sir ,

Thank you very much for both answers. Using an other PI its a liability ( issues with power and also SD card read rights and corruption of the SD cards yes I could make the system read only but i am not that good … yet ) since I can run both things on 1 Rpi , plus having to re-route power, mounting and audio signals , etc

Yes my issue is that I am not so proficient with nginx , I will try to make it happen , somehow ,

never the less I hope is not only a webserver issue but I think is a php issue too…

I will try my best if I find a solution I would like to incorporate it on some how to guide on the main page would that be possible ? since these repeaters are very common and could be turned into mix mode very very easily and most probably someone else had the same idea ( as seen from the previous thread)

Never the less , Thank you so very much for your response

I will post if I manage to make it happen ( I hope I will )

Thank you in advance

5B4AKV
73 DE 5B4AKV

Dear Sir ,

I managed to get it working but i think i have something wrong

is this a default page ?

or I need something else ?

Congratulations! That is the default page, now you need to customize the settings for your node. Take a look at the read me here

Let me know how it goes.

Dear Sir ,

I did enable nomenu=no in the ini file

and my node ID
[MY node ID]
host=127.0.0.1:5038
user=admin
passwd=supersecretpass
nomenu=no
hideNodeURL=yes

and still it does not work properly , and if I navigate forcibly to the control panel buy typing
rpiip:8080/controlpanel.php

and I get an error the my node ID is not in the ini file …

I am a bit confused …

Thanks

Did you correctly edit controlpanel.ini.php? I think you need a [515680] stanza below the [general] even if there is nothing in it.

Also you need to set up a password and login into Allmon then you will have some buttons including one for the control panel.

It’s in the README.

Did you ever get this working? I’m wondering if there’s more that keeps NGINX from working. I got to this point

the password you specified in allmon.ini needs to match the secret in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

once those match, then information should populate.

Jim, K6JWN

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, sure enough that was the issue.