Adding to node description

Well another beginner type question. It should have been obvious to me somewhere in the setup process but not finding it. Where do I add the Frequency and tone to the description that shows up in the active node list. I think this would be on the site somewhere not in the software is that correct.

Thanks Garry

Never mind going back to the beginning worked it out for me. Sorry for the question as easy as it was once I started over…

So how did you solve it? Please document your solutions for the archives.

Eric

Sent using SMTP.

···

On May 6, 2020, at 12:01 PM, Garry Foster via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

Garry_Foster

May 6

Well another beginner type question. It should have been obvious to me somewhere in the setup process but not finding it. Where do I add the Frequency and tone to the description that shows up in the active node list. I think this would be on the site somewhere not in the software is that correct.

Thanks Garry

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Well I went to https://www.allstarlink.org/ signed and then to Portal. Dropdown to Node Settings. At that point click on the node number and it brings up a form where all this information is stored. Obvious at that point just fill in the blanks.

Garry

Just FYI, Some info on the nodes list comes from the server settings. You may need to polk at both settings.

Garry,

Login to the portal webpage at: www.allstarlink.org

Click on the word “Portal” at the top of the page.

This will bring you to a page that has your node numbers.

Click on the green node number that you want to change your information on.

This will bring you to another page with fields you can edit and change.

One of these fields is for frequency.

Once you have completed click the on the “submit” button at the bottom of the page.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Garry Foster via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2020 11:59 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Adding to node description

Garry_Foster
May 6

Thanks Garry

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thanks That is what I had done…
Garry
W8GMF

I think I had that right already W8WOO looks proper on the nodes link to me…
Thanks
Garry W8GMF