Double squelch tail when tid to another node

I have two nodes 50706 and 51108. The first node is tied to a radio talking to a local vhf repeater. Second is the same configuration talking to a uhf repeater. If uhf is tied to say 49516 everything works fine. When 50706 and 51108 are tied together coming in on 50706 has a double squelch tail when you unkey. Doing the same on 51108 no double squelch tail. Any idea?

When you say ‘double squelch tail’ do you mean 2 courtesy tones / CT plays twice ?

What version of the software are you running ?
What is the duplex mode for each node ?
Is any of the nodes running the parm linktolink=yes ?

we have two nodes one vhf and one on uhf. When UHF connects to VHF and a user unkeys on uhf you get a drop out followed shortly by another. This only occurs when uhf is linked to two meters.
Thought I had answered back but here we go.
Downloaded the latest software from HamVoip.
Duplex is set for 1
Linkto link is remarked out.

Sorry I can’t point you to a hamvoip support forum. Not sure there is one.
The software is different.
But it is always helpful if you state software version up front. No guessing or assuming. Even versions of the same software have differences.

But I would scrub through your rpt.conf file for a typo or just conflicting setting.
Share it with a new set of eyes always helps.

Perhaps some hamvoip user has leads for you to check.

You could try using ASL3. I believe many others are using your setup without issue.

One thing I will say, though, is that ASL3’s simpleusb doesn’t have any way to eliminate squelch tails. It is completely dependent on whatever happens on the radio side.
HamVoIP’s implementation of simpleusb has what it calls rxaudiodelay. The equivalent of that in ASL3 would be the rxsquelchdelay directive in usbradio, which is not in the tune CLI.
HamVoIP’s rxaudiodelay goes in frames. Each frame is 20 ms. In ASL3’s simpleusb, this is measured in ms.
So, a value of 8 in HamVoIP’s rxaudio delay would be the same as setting rxsquelchdelay in simpleusb to 160.

Is there a technical reason why ASL’s simpleusb doesn’t have that delay line built-in? There are definitely cases where simpleusb is good enough, except for the inability to eliminate squelch tails without having to switch to the more complicated and presumably heavier on resources usbradio, or using DCS.

rpt.conf

hangtime = 0				; squelch tail hang time 0
althangtime = 1				; longer squelch tail hang time >0

Are your nodes wired to the repeaters or “connected” over the air, ie at least one of the nodes listens to the repeater transmitter as a repeater user would?

If so that’s what you are hearing. The repeater’s hangtimer and/or squelch tail.