delete servers

Hi,

The configuration of my servers is wrong and I’m told the only way to fix it is to delete both servers & nodes and start again from

scratch.

Unfortunately no one can tell me how to delete the servers, so I’m in limbo. I can connect to other nodes ok but no one can connect to my node

MB7ICE they get (connection failed)

Can anyone help?

Regards

Ken G0LCE

Delete and start over is probably not necessary. Usually inbound connects fail because of improper port forwarding. Are you running one or more servers behind a single NAT router?

···

--
Tim
:wq

On Apr 14, 2012, at 12:05 AM, Ken Robinson wrote:

Hi,
The configuration of my servers is wrong and I’m told the only way to fix it is to delete both servers & nodes and start again from
scratch.
Unfortunately no one can tell me how to delete the servers, so I’m in limbo. I can connect to other nodes ok but no one can connect to my node

Can anyone help?

Regards
Ken G0LCE

Hi Tim,

Setup at the moment, I have 2 servers on the portal, g0lce with node g0lce and mb7ice with node mb7ice.

MB7ICE is active and is forwarded by port 4569,

I have tried making server MB7ICE a static IP address on the portal also via dchp both have the same effect inbound connection failed.

Router has port 4569 forwarding, again I have tried a static IP and dchp same result inbound connection failed.

the pc that is running Asterisk has only the node details for MB7ICE I’m only running 1 pc for Allstar

Regards Ken

···

Sent: 14 April 2012 15:28
To: app_rpt List
Cc: Ken Robinson
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] delete servers

Delete and start over is probably not necessary. Usually inbound connects fail because of improper port forwarding. Are you running one or more servers behind a single NAT router?

Tim

Hi,

scratch.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Ken G0LCE

App_rpt-users mailing list
App_rpt-users@ohnosec.org
http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

Let's start simple. Try running only one physical server and turn the other one off. Be sure the portal is set to port 4569 and static IP. Remember to download the configuration to the physical server and reboot it. If behind a NAT router be sure to set the router to port forward 4569 to the static IP of the server.

···

--
Tim

On Apr 14, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Ken Robinson wrote:

Hi Tim,

Setup at the moment, I have 2 servers on the portal, g0lce with node g0lce and mb7ice with node mb7ice.
I have tried making server MB7ICE a static IP address on the portal also via dchp both have the same effect inbound connection failed.
Router has port 4569 forwarding, again I have tried a static IP and dchp same result inbound connection failed.
the pc that is running Asterisk has only the node details for MB7ICE I’m only running 1 pc for Allstar

Regards Ken

--
Tim

Hi,
scratch.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Ken G0LCE

Server g0lce has now disappeared from the Allstar portal, I have downloaded the MB7ICE config again from the portal and I don’t get the connection refused now

Ken

···

Sent: 14 April 2012 17:01
To: app_rpt List; Ken Robinson

Let’s start simple. Try running only one physical server and turn the other one off. Be sure the portal is set to port 4569 and static IP. Remember to download the configuration to the physical server and reboot it. If behind a NAT router be sure to set the router to port forward 4569 to the static IP of the server.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Regards Ken

Tim

Hi,

scratch.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Ken G0LCE

That sounds like good progress! Now put the other server on port 4570 with a static IP, re-download and port froward your router correctly.

···

--
Tim

On Apr 14, 2012, at 9:30 AM, Ken Robinson wrote:

Server g0lce has now disappeared from the Allstar portal, I have downloaded the MB7ICE config again from the portal and I don’t get the connection refused now

Ken

Let's start simple. Try running only one physical server and turn the other one off. Be sure the portal is set to port 4569 and static IP. Remember to download the configuration to the physical server and reboot it. If behind a NAT router be sure to set the router to port forward 4569 to the static IP of the server.
--
Tim

Hi Tim,

Regards Ken

--
Tim

Hi,
scratch.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Ken G0LCE

Hi Tim,

I only have the one server MB7ICE now the 2 servers were on the Allstar portal not at my system

I still don’t think I’m getting any incoming calls but I can’t check at the moment. My Friend who acts as a test is out for the evening

Regards Ken

···

Sent: 14 April 2012 19:38
To: Ken Robinson
Cc: ‘app_rpt List’

That sounds like good progress! Now put the other server on port 4570 with a static IP, re-download and port froward your router correctly.

Tim

On Apr 14, 2012, at 9:30 AM, Ken Robinson wrote:

Ken

Let’s start simple. Try running only one physical server and turn the other one off. Be sure the portal is set to port 4569 and static IP. Remember to download the configuration to the physical server and reboot it. If behind a NAT router be sure to set the router to port forward 4569 to the static IP of the server.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Regards Ken

Tim

Hi,

scratch.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Ken G0LCE

I also want to delete a server but are unable to do that does anyone know how to delete a server and callsign.

@rusty,

There is not a way to delete a server yourself. Here’s what to do:

1. Servers cannot be deleted if they have nodes attached. Be sure to move any nodes you may have on the server you wish to delete to another server.

2. Send a message to helpdesk@allstarlink.org and tell them which server you’d like deleted. They will take care of it for you.