A Problem I have never encountered before

I have an issue I can’t figure out. I was experimenting this morning with my Allmon3 Interface on my ASL3 node. In my allmon3.ini file I added his node number and his asterisk username and password as depicted in the picture:

[58176]
host=127.0.0.1
user=admin
pass=MY-PASSWORD
[1776]
host=127.0.0.1
user=admin
pass=MY-PASSWORD
[576335]
host=198.58.124.150
user=MY-USERNAME
pass=MY-PASSWORD
port=5038
[57841]
host=HIS.OUTSIDE.IP.ADDRESS
user=admin
pass=HIS-PASSWORD
port=5038

My friends node is the [58176] stanza, The [576335] node just above it is my Cloud HUB that I had just added and it worked, displaying just fine in my Allmon3 interface and I can control it. But When I added his node the Allmon3 basically crashed. It WOULD open but not load ANY nodes and displayed a pop-up telling me to check my allmon3 config and/or to reload it. I went to my Supermon 7.4+ allmon.ini and added his node and it would load the node but not connect to his asterisk server.

Before we started I had my friend give me his outside IP address, his asterisk username and password and had him change his manager.conf bind address to 0.0.0.0 as such:

;bindaddr = 127.0.0.1 ; Local interface only!
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Not secure

and to comment out the 127.0.0.1

and I had him port forward port 5038 in his home router to the local IP address for his AllStar node I was trying to manage.

My Supermon page could not login to his asterisk server, and then my friends Supermon and Supermon2 page stopped connecting to the asterisk server and still can’t. I can go to his asterisk CLI and run function commands and do outbound connections just fine, and I can connect to his node inbound just fine. But his Supermon and Supermon2 pages will not login to his asterisk server.

I double and triple checked the manager.conf settings to his allmon.ini settings and NOTHING has a changed. Does anyone have any idea what i need to do to re-connect them outside of a complete re-image of his node? I have never heard of this and I am currently a little dumbfounded, but that is a short trip for me. Any and All help is appreciated.

For the record my node is ASL3 and his is HamVoIP. Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Unless there is something yet in a firewall issue, which is sounds like, it may be a DNS issue.
I would at least restart it all starting with the router, then the servers. And look at the firewall.

Just a lead to follow.

Restart allmon3, let it run for about 15 seconds and then give me the output of journalctl -xeu allmon3.service. Please paste as text within ``` marks to preserve formatting.

PROBLEM SOLVED***

So somehow a lower case letter got inserted in the first line of the manager.conf file before the comment a.k.a. semicolon and once it was removed everything came back.

Sorry for all the trouble,

Freddie Mac - KD5FMU

1 Like

We figured it out. Stray character made it into the manager.conf file. All good now. I think we had a ghost in the machine.

Hi Hi
It is the most common cause of issues, but if anyone suggests it, it is written off since it has often been looked at many times.

Often a new set of eyes helps. Let someone else look at it. Call it hair tonic.
But you have to look for a typo, and we normally are looking at value of settings.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.