Your VOTER/RTCM May Have Broken Itself on 01/01/21 00:01

Hi Greg,

Thanks for letting me know. Fixed.

Dave

Dave Maciorowski, WA1JHK

Dave,

Thanks! I just loaded this on two thru-hole boards (voter boards). The date and time is now correct.

Greg
WB6ZSU

Greetings,

I can report that your firmware is initially working correctly with the QRP Labs GPS modules in TTL mode. Thank you for your hard work and posting your solution.

73 and have a Great Weekend!

Kevin
W8KHW

···

On Jan 9, 2021, at 4:35 PM, Wa1jhk1 via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| Wa1jhk1
January 9 |

• | - |

We have completed our testing of the time fix on 16 RTCMs here in Colorado. All are operating as expected.

At the following link:

Dropbox
### RTCMFWShare

Shared with Dropbox

are three files:

Voter-smt_1_50_CHUCK_WA1JHK.cry
Voter_1_50_CHUCK_WA1JHK.cry
Voter_1_50_WA1JHK.c

There’s both an SMT version and a thru-hole board version. These builds include Chuck’s changes to Squelch and RSSI operation. And the updated voter.c file is there for reference and other builds.

Note that the thru-hole version has not yet been tested. I don’t have that hardware here to do that.

Give it a try and let us know how it is working for you.

Dave

Dave Maciorowski, WA1JHK

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thanks for posting these Dave. Looks like mine are all functioning properly now.

@Chuck_Henderson Could you build a 1.54 SMT BEW CHUCK? The diagnostics have to be removed to fit BEW but I need BEW for the Quantars.

Edit: Sorry, turns out 1.54 is not working for me. I did try all 3 (0, 1 & 2) datefix settings.

@Wa1jhk1 Looks like @Chuck_Henderson 1.54 version is not working for me but your 1.50 is. Could you make a SMT BEW CHUCK? You probably saw that I mentioned to Chuck the BEW is for the Quantars and the diagnostics must be removed to make room.

Thanks, Chuck. Please keep me posted with v1.55 progress, very much appreciated.

-Jesse

Thanks Dave,

That’s a nice (crude) fix to get the job done. :slight_smile:

I used your patch to modify my source tree (I’m working on some other firmware changes), and confirmed that this does load and work on both RTCM and VOTER hardware, with both NMEA and TSIP GPS devices.

I have built and uploaded ALL the binary flavors to my Github repo. Unfortunately, the version numbers are going to be a mess (I’m calling mine 1.61, if you read the changelog in my repo, you’ll know why).

I had planned to do a pull request back to the main repo to start straightening out the source tree… but then pttlink hijacked it… so I will hang on to the changes for now.

Hopefully some more changes in the pipe, like making squelch tunable via menu config settings… we’ll see how that goes in testing. I also need to complete migrating in Chuck’s other changes to offline ID. There is a v2.0 devel branch that has some stuff under test in it.

Cheers!

Lee

@wd6awp
Mornin’ Tim,

Could you make a SMT BEW CHUCK?

Sure. The filename is: Voter-smt-dspbew_1_50_CHUCK_WA1JHK.cry
and is available at the Dropbox link in my post above,

Dave

Dave Maciorowski, WA1JHK

I just checked my boards. One is showing 1970 in the status 98 page - using a Garmin LVC puck
The other two show 2021 using BG7TBL GPS’s but I suspect they have not rebooted since Jan 1.

All boards are thru hole. I notice a lot of RTCM’s in this post, is there a fix for the thru hole voter boards? I run standard CHUCK 1.51 firmware on my boards.

I have a site visit coming up soon, so hopefully an easy fix.

Thanks
Hayden

Thanks to all involved, I thought I was going crazy for a little while when I did some rebooting on my RTCM’s and voter boards and found they were not working. The 1.5 WA1JHK version fixed all my sites and I have multiple types of GPS unit’s.

Thank you Dave. It’s working. :grinning:

Thanks, Dave!
Voter-smt_1_50_CHUCK_WA1JHK is working fine for me.

Another thank you to you, Dave. A friend and I installed it on 3 of his RTCMs today. All is well. Another happy customer.

Many, many thanks Dave !
We also had the problem here in Germany with our repeater with 3 receivers.
I installed the firmware today.
Now everything works again.

Dave…Sorry to bug you for one more variant. Could you create a BEW build for the thru-hole (voter) board?

Thanks,
Greg
WB6ZSU

Mornin’ Greg,

Could you create a BEW build for the thru-hole (voter) board?

Sure. The filename is: Voter-dspbew_1_50_CHUCK_WA1JHK.cry
and is available at the Dropbox link in my post above.

Please let me know that this version works ok for you.

Dave

Dave Maciorowski, WA1JHK

Thanks Dave. I loaded it on two boards and it’s working fine. Again, thanks for all you work.

Greg
WB6ZSU

has anyone had any luck with the 3.0 builds of firmware?

The only version I’ve been able to get working with my thunderbolts has been WA1JHK’s fixed 1.51 versions…

I was hoping to try 3.0 for the new soft-pot squelch settings… but if I can’t get the GPS to lock its a non-starter.