xelatec.com & iaxrpt

The xelatec.com servers have been down for about a week that I know of,

I have been trying to get a copy of iaxrpt for a couple of my newer 64 bit win machines.

I thought I had a copy saved on my cloud server, but not so, or I can't find it.

Does anyone have a copy they can share with me or a link to some place else I can download it ?

Thanks

...mike/kb8jnm

1 Like

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Setup_IAXRPT_use

I added it to the downloads section. I had the source for it sitting around
(its based on some old GPL IAX phone app, forget which) somewhere.

73's

···

On 4/4/19 7:26 PM, Mike wrote:

I have been trying to get a copy of iaxrpt for a couple of my newer 64
bit win machines.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net

TNX,

I'm pretty sure the 32bit works on 64 Don't remember.

...mike/kb8jnm

···

On 4/4/2019 7:39 PM, Bryan Fields wrote:

On 4/4/19 7:26 PM, Mike wrote:

I have been trying to get a copy of iaxrpt for a couple of my newer 64
bit win machines.

Setup/Download IAXRpt - AllStarLink Wiki

73's

Internet archive I believe also has source code

Eric
Af6ep

Sent using SMTP.

···

On Apr 4, 2019, at 4:26 PM, Mike <mm@midnighteng.com> wrote:

I have been trying to get a copy of iaxrpt for a couple of my newer 64 bit win machines.

I thought I had a copy saved on my cloud server, but not so, or I can't find it.

Does anyone have a copy they can share with me or a link to some place else I can download it ?

Thanks

...mike/kb8jnm

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Is the source code available anywhere or do you have a local copy? I’m trying to see if I can revive and compile this natively for the Mac.

Georges,

As someone already replied to your earlier thread on this forum. “iaxRPT Updates”

I think the information you are asking about is located here.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/iaxclient/files/iaxclient/2.1beta3/

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Georges via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2020 11:52 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] xelatec.com & iaxrpt

|

georges
July 12

|

• | - |

Is the source code available anywhere or do you have a local copy? I’m trying to see if I can revive and compile this natively for the Mac.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

|

W9CR
April 4, 2019

|

• | - |

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Setup_IAXRPT_use I added it to the downloads section. I had the source for it sitting around (its based on some old GPL IAX phone app, forget which) somewhere. 73’s ··· (click for more details)

Previous Replies

|

eric.fort.listmail
April 5, 2019

|

• | - |

Internet archive I believe also has source code

Eric
Af6ep

Sent using SMTP.

··· (click for more details)

|

Mike
April 4, 2019

|

• | - |

TNX,

I’m pretty sure the 32bit works on 64 Don’t remember.

…mike/kb8jnm

|

W9CR
April 4, 2019

|

• | - |

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Setup_IAXRPT_use

73’s

|

Mike
April 4, 2019

|

• | - |

I thought I had a copy saved on my cloud server, but not so, or I can’t find it.

Thanks

…mike/kb8jnm

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thanks and sorry for the repeat post, I wanted to give it one last shot before I give up.

Unfortunately the sourceforge code repo only contains iaxclient library and the various simpleclients gui, from which iaxrpt got derived from but never got included in. As far as I can tell, the source for iaxrpt was only hosted on the author own repo at:

http://www.xelatec.com/svn/iaxrpt/

Sadly the author has since passed and the site is now defunct. The only chance to salvage his work is to find out if anyone had downloaded a local copy of the source from his svn repo and kept it locally.

The closet I got was this repo:

Unfortunately, it’s not complete as it’s missing the resources. I contacted the repo owner and he can’t remember where he got the source from.

I got pretty far compiling the iaxcomm client (which is similar to iaxrpt) for OS X and can get it to run natively. I’m confident this can be done for iaxrpt as well, but without the complete source code, it’s not gonna happen.

There got to be someone out there with a copy of the source on a backup/archive drive…

73 & Aloha,
Georges WH6GJL

Good afternoon,

Georges, did you ever find what you needed for source code ?  

I am sitting here some what depressed as I lost touch with Steve a while ago and just learned of his passing today while looking for some app_rpt information on a prospective project. I worked closely with Steve in the Atlanta Asterisk Users group as well as back in 2013/2014 time frame he and I did a number of projects with the Xelatec base for MOTOTRBO integration. 

. It’s possible that the source is on one or two hard drives that I removed from servers and placed on the self back then, if you still need it I can certainty take some time to try and locate it.

If you have it and it’s moved forward I would be interested in your current level of support for it.

73’s KJ4WPW.

Thank you for following up on this thread.

No, i never got the complete source, only the partial copy I referenced in the thread. I got it to compile and run, but lots of the specific modification for app_rpt were missing. I decided to abandon it and write a new native macOS application from scratch instead. You can learn more about it https://transceive.app.

As for trying to resurrect the iax_rpt source code, someone in the Windows dev community might be interested in rebooting that. Currently, the iax_rpt app is floating around in binary form, which is a bit of a security gamble that users take when they install things from random urls. It also has not been updated in ages and probably could benefit from some bug fixes.

I also thought I had a copy of the source. Somehow lost in my cloud servers migration and re-organization. Likely have it but cant find it easy inside a zip’d tarball

You might try this. Most of the iax clients were based on the same code.
Difference in gui and a feature or two.

IAXClient - VoIP-Info (voip-info.org)

There ‘was’ a iax dialer for the iphone. 10 years ago. very simple/basic.
I think the iax dialer for android source may also be available. Never looked for it.

Thanks Mike. Yes I tried that too and used that telephony iax dialer sample to compare with iax_rpt code and see what had changed. That’s when I realized there are more than few differences. Basically the whole specifics of the IAX text protocol extension added by app_rpt and since there is not documentation, it was very hard to navigate. I’ve always been dissatisfied with using a telephony ui metaphor for ASL because it somewhat limits the potential that ASL can provide. The notion of network, linking nodes, etc does not fit very well, and in my opinion it is information beneficial to surface to the user. In other words, I think it’s better to start with a “supermon” kinda view and add audio, than start with a telephone and add the ASL network bits.

Have you looked for source for the WebTransceiver? It is a Java app for which the Jar file is still around. Some people are even still using it with browsers that support Java.

What is nice about it that it has a useful status display of the connected node complete with optional instructions supplied by the node owner. It also required no configuration on the node. It is merely enabled by checking a box on the www allstarlink site. Nodes with a small ‘wt’ next to the node number on the nodes list are WebTransceiver enabled.

It could be helpful to your development efforts if someone has the source.

I did take a look at WebTransceiver as I wanted to better understand how it connects to nodes without credentials as a lot of people seem to like the convenience it provides.

I’m happy to report that Transceive will soon support that mode of operation. Users will be able to use their AllStar credentials and connect to any nodes that supports the public authentication stanza which comes configured by default in the ASL install. I’m doing the last stretch of testing and I expect to be able to release this by month end.

I think that providing a “nodeless” way for users to join in (similar to echolink) will be a boost for the community as it lowers the barrier of entry for operators to experience the network, and eliminates the need to issue many node numbers.

1 Like

Can’t wait to be able to use similar app on win10 and android.
Would be nice to be able to run it on PoC devices with support of ASL and private nodes.