Using 1750HZ wakeup tone for repeater acc

hi all,
im having truble getting the allstar / echolink to open the repeater, as this is an old repeter it uses a 1750Hz wake up tone to start comunictions, the main problem is when someone is on echolink, they can talk on the repeater, but they can not start the counication, the repeater is not awke. what and or where is the script to force allstar to produce this tone to wake the repeter up.
where should i put it in the asterisk system. been trying to get this to work for the lat year need help please ad thank you. this a German repeater DB0ZP 439.100 -7.6 in NIenburg Germany any info will help can be found on allstar node 48652 73…

1 Like

There might not be a solution. :frowning:

Anybody have a thought on tone burst from Echolink?

It is not for echolink, echolink has it built in svxlink, it is for allstar to allow opetaters on EL to open the repeater, im looking for the script on asterisk to open the repeater from EL.

···

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020, 17:53 Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| wd6awp ASL Admin
August 18 |

• | - |

There might not be a solution. :frowning:

Anybody have a thought on tone burst from Echolink?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Can you describe your setup a bit more.

what type of radio, where is the allstar/echolink connected to, are you using a single radio to link the 2 network to a remote repeater?

1 Like

Rpi 3b, allstar /asterisk, rim lite sound interface, uv5r, now all i need is to get the asterisk system to generate the 1750Hz tone to wakeup the repeatwr that is not on site has no pltones and no intwrnet yes ican hit the repeater fron remote site where i have internet. Need scriot for asterisk to do the job…

···

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 22:31 Pierre Martel via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| Pierre_Martel
September 3 |

• | - |

what type of radio, where is the allstar/echolink connected to, are you using a single radio to link the 2 network to a remote repeater?

1 Like

Ok now I Get it. Sorry for the delay in response.

The uv5r need to send the 1750 hz burst to open the repeater. to do this it need to have the PTT and band button pressed at the same time.

what I would do is that I would take a npn and pnp transistor a resistor and a capacitor and use them to drive the band button temporary at every ptt from the node. like the schematic I just did.

the transistor dont need to be high power, something like a 2N2222 for the NPN and a 2N2907 for the PNP

The way the circuit works. the ptt line is help high when not in TX this bring the NPN transistor in conduction but will also put the PNP transistor in saturation so there is no path for the band button current to flow to. at the same time the capacitor will be charged by the variable resistor.

when the PTT is grounded the PNP transistor enter conduction. and the NPN transistor is kept in conduction till the capacitor discharge into the variable resistor that is now held to ground. this make a path for the current from the band key to flow in both transistor. creating the 1750HZ tone briefly.

This is if the band button need to be put to ground for it to work. I dont know as I dont have a UV5R nor do I have the shematic. if it is not the case, and it need a short between the 2 pad of the button, I would recommand to use a small normaly open reed relay that would be connected to your positive power supply on a side of the coil and the other side of the coil to where I wrote band button on the shematic and use the switch of the relay to short the band button momentarily

as in this diagram

this is a 5 volt normaly open read relay.

as you can see it is not very big.

The lenght of time the 1750 hz tone is created can be calculated by the formula T= RC
R is in ohms and C is in Farad. in case of a 1uF and a 1 kiloohm resistor we would have 0.001 second delay. (wich is too fast for the circuit to be effective. )

Now you need to play with the value to find what you need. Most repeater will react within 500ms to a 1750hz tone burst. so a 5uf with a 100k would do the job. use a small pot to lower the time if needed.

you can go read about the RC time constant here…

a very good read.

Pierre
VE2PF

This is all good but it is not zu he uv5r that needs to trigger this it is the allstar/ asterisk system there is a script for this i just do not know where it is and or where to put it in the asterisk program but your idea is some thing to look in to it is not only the echolink that needd this it is also the allstar

···

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020, 22:31 Pierre Martel via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| Pierre_Martel
September 3 |

• | - |

Pierre is describing a hardware solution to your problem. The UV-5R is capable of generating a 1750hz tone that will open up the remote repeater. To do so requires pressing ptt and band simultaneously. The circuit described does that for you automatically using Allstar and GPIO, which you’re likely already doing. A script would certainly be easier, but in its absence, this one fits the bill.

I see what you re saying, and there is a small piece of this puzzzle misssing, im 80% blind so the script would be the best, this does indeed fit the bill as you say thank you…

···

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020, 01:49 kc1kcc via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| kc1kcc
September 10 |

• | - |

Pierre is describing a hardware solution to your problem. The UV-5R is capable of generating a 1750hz tone that will open up the remote repeater. To do so requires pressing ptt and band simultaneously. The circuit described does that for you automatically using Allstar and GPIO, which you’re likely already doing. A script would certainly be easier, but in its absence, this one fits the bill.

1 Like

Ok i have read it 4x now where would i put the pot in on your digram and what value would you think the pot should be.im looking for thr scmitics for thr uv5r if i need further help i will text you thanks for the info…

···

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020, 16:20 Pierre Martel via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| Pierre_Martel
September 10 |

• | - |

Ok now I Get it. Sorry for the delay in response.

The uv5r need to send the 1750 hz burst to open the repeater. to do this it need to have the PTT and band button pressed at the same time.

what I would do is that I would take a npn and pnp transistor a resistor and a capacitor and use them to drive the band button temporary at every ptt from the node. like the schematic I just did.

the transistor dont need to be high power, something like a 2N2222 for the NPN and a 2N2907 for the PNP

The way the circuit works. the ptt line is help high when not in TX this bring the NPN transistor in conduction but will also put the PNP transistor in saturation so there is no path for the band button current to flow to. at the same time the capacitor will be charged by the variable resistor.

when the PTT is grounded the PNP transistor enter conduction. and the NPN transistor is kept in conduction till the capacitor discharge into the variable resistor that is now held to ground. this make a path for the current from the band key to flow in both transistor. creating the 1750HZ tone briefly.

This is if the band button need to be put to ground for it to work. I dont know as I dont have a UV5R nor do I have the shematic. if it is not the case, and it need a short between the 2 pad of the button, I would recommand to use a small normaly open reed relay that would be connected to your positive power supply on a side of the coil and the other side of the coil to where I wrote band button on the shematic and use the switch of the relay to short the band button momentarily

as in this diagram

this is a 5 volt normaly open read relay.

as you can see it is not very big.

The lenght of time the 1750 hz tone is created can be calculated by the formula T= RC
R is in ohms and C is in Farad. in case of a 1uF and a 1 kiloohm resistor we would have 0.001 second delay. (wich is too fast for the circuit to be effective. )

Now you need to play with the value to find what you need. Most repeater will react within 500ms to a 1750hz tone burst. so a 5uf with a 100k would do the job. use a small pot to lower the time if needed.

you can go read about the RC time constant here…

en.wikipedia.org

RC time constant

The RC time constant, also called tau, the time constant (in seconds) of an RC circuit, is equal to the product of the circuit resistance (in ohms) and the circuit capacitance (in farads), i.e. It is the time required to charge the capacitor, through the resistor, from an initial charge voltage of zero to approximately 63.2% of the value of an applied DC voltage, or to discharge the capacitor through the same resistor to approximately 36.8% of its initial charge voltage. (These values are deriv…

a very good read.

Pierre
VE2PF

In Reply To

| ki7hub
September 4 |

• | - |

Rpi 3b, allstar /asterisk, rim lite sound interface, uv5r, now all i need is to get the asterisk system to generate the 1750Hz tone to wakeup the repeatwr that is not on site has no pltones and no intwrnet yes ican hit the repeater fron remote site where i have internet. Need scriot for asterisk to …

1 Like

I have put a red circle on the pot. the sign is a variable resistor cause the pot is used as one. you only need to connect the wire to the wisker and one of the side of the pot.

I have found the schematic and from what I have seen the band button is using 2 line of the cpu. so you will need a small relay. for simulating a key press.

As you have some sight problem I hope it wont be too difficult for you to do so…

for the value of the pot, it all depends of the lenght of time you want to acheive and the value of the capacitor. As I designed this out of my head and I dont have a uv-5r to test I really cant say. You will have to experiement a bit.

Pierre
VE2PF

The bigesr problem will be slodering but i think i got it, one of rhe sides of the pit and the mittle and then i can adjust it, think i got it.

···

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020, 14:11 Pierre Martel via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| Pierre_Martel
September 11 |

• | - |

I have put a red circle on the pot. the sign is a variable resistor cause the pot is used as one. you only need to connect the wire to the wisker and one of the side of the pot.

How i just have to find the ptt and the band connections on the uv5r, then the big f****** mignfing glass to see how to solder it hi hi…

···

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020, 14:16 Pierre Martel via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| Pierre_Martel
September 11 |

• | - |

I have found the schematic and from what I have seen the band button is using 2 line of the cpu. so you will need a small relay. for simulating a key press.

As you have some sight problem I hope it wont be too difficult for you to do so…

for the value of the pot, it all depends of the lenght of time you want to acheive and the value of the capacitor. As I designed this out of my head and I dont have a uv-5r to test I really cant say. You will have to experiement a bit.

Pierre
VE2PF

In Reply To

| ki7hub
September 11 |

• | - |

Ok i have read it 4x now where would i put the pot in on your digram and what value would you think the pot should be.im looking for thr scmitics for thr uv5r if i need further help i will text you thanks for the info… ··· (click for more details)