Usbradio_tune_usb settings defined

Hello,

I am looking for definitions and ranges for the settings in usbradio_tune_usb_nnnnn.conf. Previous posts reference links at ohnosec.org and xelatec.com however both sites are down. I am mostly interested in the difference between rxmixerset and rxvoiceadj. Both sound like settings for line level input (from either USB or repeater).

Thanks.

--Tom

Tom, you are correct. Much to my own dismay, that info was not captured and placed in the wiki.
I knew I should have copied it myself. It was pretty complete. I had been assured it was all captured.
I have a lot of info written into my files, but not that. I had put some in the wiki that was not there, but I am slow.

I might suggest you play with it a bit to get your answer.
My memory is not so good on it anymore…But…
I think one is a mixer level of rx vs tx
and the other internal/voice/Alison etc vs rx…

If you use google to search the old mailman mail list with cached pages, it might reveal something.
USE IN SEARCH:
app_rpt (command or setting)
works pretty good but you are going to have to read a lot of them.

note: there is stereo operation and I think we normally use just channel ‘A’/left in our setup.
I remember a discussion that got to the heart of something I was wondering, if I could use a single usb dongle for two systems (audio only as I use PP for signaling. Never tried it.

Anyway…
I would still suggest setting it with the prescribed tune method, then tweaking if needed. If that is where you are in a set-up.

Perhaps one old-timer with the exact info will notice the post. Sorry, not much help. Cheerleader LOL

Mike –

If you still have that info somewhere, I’d be happy to add it to the wiki.

Have you checked out hamvoip.org, if not check it out. I used it to set up a couple nodes and just about anything you can do with AllStar.

···

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 1:04 PM Tom Grasso via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| W3TXG
January 24 |

• | - |

Hello,

I am looking for definitions and ranges for the settings in usbradio_tune_usb_nnnnn.conf. Previous posts reference links at ohnosec.org and xelatec.com however both sites are down. I am mostly interested in the difference between rxmixerset and rxvoiceadj. Both sound like settings for line level input (from either USB or repeater).

Thanks.

--Tom

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

As I mentioned earlier Rob, I do not have this particular info. But it was on the drupal site.

We did some black-boxing on this and came up with the following:

rxmixerset= ;Receive audio level from receiver (radio) to other nodes (network)
txmixaset= ;Transmit audio level from left channel to transmitter (usually voice channel)
txmixbset= ;Transmit audio level from right channel to transmitter (usually CTCSS tone channel)
rxvoiceadj= ;Receive audio level from receiver to transmitter (repeater)
rxctcssadj= ;Receive tone level from receiver to transmitter (repeater)
txctcssadj= ;CTCSS audio level to transmitter (how does this relate to txmixbset?)
rxsquelchadj= ;Receiver squelch
fever= ; counter for asterisk tuning procedure

Ranges: I think everything except rxvoiceadj and rxctcssadj are 0 to 1000. Not sure about rxvoice and rxctcss but maybe 0.000000 to 2.000000.

Can anyone confirm and/or comment?

Thanks in advance.

--Tom

I can only state that
rxsquelchadj = ;Receiver squelch is for like use with a hf remote, but I know others have used this in the past when they could not obtain a COS.
I believe it works in conjunction with VOX, but I could be wrong about that.
I found a old conf for my old HF remote and it was set…rxsquelchadj=500
Did not work well on hf depending on type of noise but it did work.
I believe there are some more settings with that as well like voxdelay? voxthreashold ?maybe not?
Been 9 years and a bit fuzzy.

Anyway good work I think. I will keep tabs on this and save the final remarks for future.