Trying for full duplex setup

I would like to build a node using my 2 alinco mobile radios (I have 2 dr-425 radios)
With 2 URI’s, is it possible to use 1 radio for receive and the other radio for transmitting so to have full duplex?
Thanks in advanced.
Peter

Peter,

You do not need two URI for duplex operation.

One URI is capable of duplex operation.

Yes you can use 2 Alinco radios, one for transmit and one for receive for full duplex.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Peter bishop via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 4:04 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Trying for full duplex setup

P65301
March 21

I would like to build a node using my 2 alinco mobile radios (I have 2 dr-425 radios)
With 2 URI’s, is it possible to use 1 radio for receive and the other radio for transmitting so to have full duplex?
Thanks in advanced.
Peter

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge as I’m trying to learn. If I only need 1 URI, how does this work?
Would the uri go on the receive radio or transmitting radio?
I’ve been trying to find the howto’s but I’ve had no luck.
Thanks again.

Peter,

Yes you would wire the Alinco receive radio Male DB9 and the Alinco transmit radio Male DB9 to a Male DB25 connector that connects up to the URI.

The cable would look like a Y.

Similar to this image but two DB9 cables coming out of the DB25 connector.

image001.jpg

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Peter bishop via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 5:16 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Trying for full duplex setup

P65301
March 22

Apologies for my lack of knowledge as I’m trying to learn. If I only need 1 URI, how does this work?
Would the uri go on the receive radio or transmitting radio?
I’ve been trying to find the howto’s but I’ve had no luck.
Thanks again.

Previous Replies

KE6PCV ASL Admin
March 21

Peter,

You do not need two URI for duplex operation.

One URI is capable of duplex operation.

Yes you can use 2 Alinco radios, one for transmit and one for receive for full duplex.

Marshall - ke6pcv

··· (click for more details)

P65301
March 21

Thanks in advanced.
Peter

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thank you Will follow up soon