Test Topic Created From an Email by AWP

Hello,

Just testing to see if I can start a new topic from an email. I’ve done this many times before but because I am working with someone that is having trouble, I’m testing again.

It worked and appeared here instantly.

But it doesn’t work for me. It won’t allow me to start a new thread. Actually it looks like you replied to an existing thread which I can do. Try to initiate a test2 thread via email. See how that works. According to the email I sent you it appears to be a trust issue within the community software. As a community admin it may also be that you are more trusted so it accepts your submissions by email but not mine because I have a different trust status. Another thing you can try is starting a new thread via email where the email address is that of a mortal user having an acct tied to that email and not an admin.

Eric
Af6ep

Sent using SMTP.

···

On Jan 20, 2021, at 7:28 PM, Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| wd6awp ASL Admin
January 21 |

• | - |

It worked and appeared here instantly.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

| wd6awp ASL Admin
January 21 |

• | - |

Hello,

Just testing to see if I can start a new topic from an email. I’ve done this many times before but because I am working with someone that is having trouble, I’m testing again.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I replied (from the site) to my own topic which I started from email.

Creating a topic with the subject test2 would likely not work from either the site or from an email. There are two possible reasons for that. 1) The subject is too short. 2) Duplicate topic subjects are not allowed.

Topics may only be started (on the site or from email) with an account has a minimum trust level of 1. That’s a very low bar to reach and you are there. See Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

Please be sure you emailing from the correct email address.

I have a non admin account which I have used for testing in the past, and I’ll start a topic from there for your benefit.

Well, well. It didn’t work from my non admin account. I’m checking with the Discourse Community

@eric.fort.listmail try to create a topic from email now. I think it will work.