Supermon will not connect will all nodes

I have Supermon up and running fine. I can log into each of my nodes on the LAN and they connect and command just fine.
The question is when I have logged into node xxxx and my menu has my other node listed I click on node xxxy or All Nodes. I get “Could not connect to Asterisk Manager”.

1. Is this normal?
  2. How can I fix it? Have one as ssh 222 and one as 223 didn’t seem to help.

Joe Orrico WB6HRO

Hi Joe, Good to see you here. How are those 220 repeaters doing?

I’m not a supermon user but I did write Allmon upon which supermon is based. Sounds like you are running a copy of supermon on each node and the second node is not set up right. The permissions to allow super/allmon access to the node are stored in two places and they have to match.

The node sets the permissions in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf. HamVoIP may store that file elsewhere.

I’m not sure where the supermon config file is located. It might even be a menu edit on HamVoIP. In ASL the Allmon config file is generally in /var/www/html/allmon.ini.php

Obviously YMMV as you using HamVoIP and Supermon whereas this is mostly an ASL forum. But that might get you started or someone more knowledgeable than I will come along with better details.

Tim,

220 system has be running pretty reliable only had a 220 PA brick fail a couple months ago. Swapped out the exciter and fixed it at home.

Not really any hardware failures in the last 10 years! :blush:

Got my system linked with Allstar to WB6TNP 900-220 hub in Las Vegas and my daughters node in Connecticut.

My nodes 45090, 50029 (hub) and 50030 in CT.

Still involved with MESAC here is Costa Mesa. What have you been up to?

Joe Orrico

WB6HRO / WR6AAC Repeater

···

From: Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:27 PM
To: wb6hro@att.net
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [Allmon] Supermon will not connect will all nodes

wd6awp ASL Admin
December 12

Hi Joe, Good to see you here. How are those 220 repeaters doing?

I’m not a supermon user but I did write Allmon upon which supermon is based. Sounds like you are running a copy of supermon on each node and the second node is not set up right. The permissions to allow super/allmon access to the node are stored in two places and they have to match.

The node sets the permissions in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf. HamVoIP may store that file elsewhere.

I’m not sure where the supermon config file is located. It might even be a menu edit on HamVoIP. In ASL the Allmon config file is generally in /var/www/html/allmon.ini.php

Obviously YMMV as you using HamVoIP and Supermon whereas this is mostly an ASL forum. But that might get you started or someone more knowledgeable than I will come along with better details.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi Jo,
I am using sumermon2 in the hamvoip build. Check the file allmon.ini in /srv/http/supermon

the IP and port numbers should be the same as the node your managing. if your managing a node on a different network remember to port forward the allmon port on the remote network and the ip address is the public ip of the remote port

Secondly in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf make sure the secret is the same as in allmon.ini also on the remote nodes check that bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 and is uncommented. then restart asterisk

Hope this helps. this is what tripped me up