Supermon WAN access clarification

Greetings folks! I have Supermon running and can access it on my local network. I am not clear on the proper configuration for WAN access configuration. I would like to be able to log into remotely.

Thanks!
Ted KD4EG

1 Like

That is great Ted. I am new to Allstar and have a rough idea what Supermon is all about. Could you tell me the steps you took to get where you are so far? Where you got Supermon, how you set it up. This is all new to me.
Thanks

1 Like

To access Supermon from the WAN side of your router you will need to set up port forwarding. Supermon runs on port 80. do if you do not run any other websites from your home you only need to forward port 80 on your LAN to port 80 and the ip address of your node on your lan.

If you have not come across port forwarding here is a good place top start.

https://portforward.com/

You may also have to set up dynamic DNS if you have a static IP from your ISP. Have a look in your router and see if there is a dynamic DNS setting. you will have to set up an account with a service.

2 Likes

Here is the link to how to set up Supermon

2 Likes

I am confused, to be clear you have two ports forward. 4569 port forwarded for AllStar and your are saying 80 for Supermon? Both associated in the router for the same device address ?
T

You can. I would leave port 80 set on your node. When you set up port forwarding on your router you can set a different port on the public side. You then tell it to point to port 80 at the private IP.

This is what my port forwarding looks like. I use a Draytek Vigor 2860 some of the options are unique to my router.

1 Like

Awesome ! That makes it clear.
Thanks!

1 Like