SSH connection issue from public WAN side.

All, I have come across two different installations (Rpi) out of the dozen or so that I have done, where I cannot get SSH to work from the public side. I do use a custom port, but even if I revert back to the standard port (22) and check forwarding, I am still unable to get SSH to work from the WAN side. The UDP port 4569 works fine. I’m pretty sure this is something going on with the router but in the first installation my work around what’s the put the router into DMZ mode. This of course is not preferred and I’d like to still continue troubleshooting that. However the second installation which uses Xfinity and a modem, TP Link as a router, not even DMZ will do the trick. I am running out of ideas as to what the issue might be. Has anyone else come across this before? Just to be clear, local SSH access works fine. All of my other installations work perfectly fine and this yes has me stumped.

Lu Vencl
KA4EPS

···

Lu,

I too have been fighting similar issues just today but resolved the routing issues with a reboot of my router. It was acting very strangely until the reboot and now all is well.

Good luck!

-Brad

···

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 10:39 PM Lu V luvencl8@gmail.com wrote:

All, I have come across two different installations (Rpi) out of the dozen or so that I have done, where I cannot get SSH to work from the public side. I do use a custom port, but even if I revert back to the standard port (22) and check forwarding, I am still unable to get SSH to work from the WAN side. The UDP port 4569 works fine. I’m pretty sure this is something going on with the router but in the first installation my work around what’s the put the router into DMZ mode. This of course is not preferred and I’d like to still continue troubleshooting that. However the second installation which uses Xfinity and a modem, TP Link as a router, not even DMZ will do the trick. I am running out of ideas as to what the issue might be. Has anyone else come across this before? Just to be clear, local SSH access works fine. All of my other installations work perfectly fine and this yes has me stumped.

Lu Vencl

KA4EPS

App_rpt-users mailing list

App_rpt-users@lists.allstarlink.org

http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the “Unsubscribe or edit options button”

You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.